January 9, 2017, lunch at Le Barthelemy Hotel

phil62

Senior Insider
We had a really serene scene before us as we enjoyed lunch overlooking the calm blue and turquoise waters of Grand Cul de Sac

P1000083.JPG

Phil enjoyed the linguine with tomatoes
P1000084.JPG

I loved my Caesar Salad graciously prepared with shrimp instead of the menu listed chicken. The vegetables and bacon were crisp and crunchy and the dressing light and flavorful.
P1000085.JPG

And of course the frites-outstanding I might add,
P1000086.JPG

The manager, Mark, introduced himself to us in the parking lot as we awaited delivery of our valet parked Terios. He warmly invited us to return and to enjoy the beach and the lounges whenever we wished. A nice way to end a delightful visit to this new St Barth's property.

They have a beautiful view from the restaurant. We've dined there twice for lunch. Le Barthelemy may become my new Sunday Lunch spot.

Thank you for this update, Amy . . . very glad to read that it continues to be a tranquil spot, with good food. Also happy that you met Marc Dobbels, the general manager. He's like only a few other Directors of fine hotels on the island in that he is very present around the premises . . . frequently introducing himself to guests & visitors in order to inquire about their experience at the Hotel -- a very gracious gesture.

Finally, it appears that you sat inside for lunch, rather than on the terrace. Do you find it to be too warm . . . or maybe too windy or bright . . . outside? I like the outdoor space, but have found, when sitting at outdoor tables, that the sun & reflection from the sea are very bright, even with the shade of an umbrella. The outdoor tables at night, on the other hand, are part of a magical ambiance.

I like the view there. It's pretty special. We were offered wet napkins (nice touch) when we had lunch there in December. Frozen Margaritas were A+. The food was good, but the portions were quite modest. We had fish of the day and ceviche. I like your portions better)

IMG_6939.jpgIMG_6954.jpgIMG_6955.jpgIMG_6948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so glad that to see my favorite reporters back on the island; and starting off with a bang! We also enjoyed the hospitality at Le Barthelemy in November; and I'm even surprised that we didn't get kicked out after looking like we were moving in permanently! Then manager introduced himself and the staff were terrific; we were even given cold towels as we relaxed in the lounges

IMG_4332.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the view there. It's pretty special. We were offered wet napkins (nice touch) when we had lunch there in December. Frozen Margaritas were A+. The food was good, but the portions were quite modest. We had fish of the day and ceviche. I like your portions better)

Same with us. I forgot about that until just now, but you left out the best part.......the wet towels were ice cold! That was a great touch and a wonderful way to start the lunch and a (semi) long walk to get there. (We parked up the hill near the main road and the original plan was to eat at O'Corail but they were closed so we continued walking down the beach until we made in here. The cool moist towels were much appreciated.)

Great pics too! Much needed on a cold day.

So if you eat lunch there you can use the chairs all afternoon? Can you use the pool?