New restaurants

BenG

SBH Member
Has anyone eaten at Francois Plantation, Aux Amis or Bo Kao? I'm keen to try some new places, but can hardly find any reviews of those places.

Thanks

Ben

I think you'll find several reviews of dining at Aux Amis if you search "Le Barthelemy." At the time I reviewed it, I didn't use the restaurant name. Short answer . . . I have been there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- enjoyed all of them. Fantastic service and very good food . . . beautiful setting.

I think you'll find several reviews of dining at Aux Amis if you search "Le Barthelemy." At the time I reviewed it, I didn't use the restaurant name. Short answer . . . I have been there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner -- enjoyed all of them. Fantastic service and very good food . . . beautiful setting.

Two out of three are on you Ben! Take one (or two) for the team!

Has anyone eaten at Francois Plantation, Aux Amis or Bo Kao? I'm keen to try some new places, but can hardly find any reviews of those places.

Thanks

Ben
Welcome to the forums Ben. Cec1 already answered for Aux Amis and the other 2 are relatively brand new. Depending on when you are going I would check back here frequently for reviews. With the online crew that's there now I would expect one or both to be up for a review.

Still 4 weeks till I arrive, maybe some reviews will pop up before then. I may give Bo Kao a go, Francois Plantation is really expensive, so I may give that a miss unless it gets some great reviews.

my thought exactly. i guess they're trying to keep out the riffraff like me. i think they've succeeded.
They are following the model of the previous incarnation. Did I ever tell you about the 22 euro glass of house Chardonnay?

They are following the model of the previous incarnation. Did I ever tell you about the 22 euro glass of house Chardonnay?

Reminds me of a business trip to London with Mrs. JEK, a lover of Montrachet. Many, many, many glasses consumed in the lobby bar of the Berkerley.

At checkout we discovered they were 25 quid per glass. That was when the quid was a mighty quid.

Reminds me of a business trip to London with Mrs. JEK, a lover of Montrachet. Many, many, many glasses consumed in the lobby bar of the Berkerley.

At checkout we discovered they were 25 quid per glass. That was when the quid was a mighty quid.

Rosemond enjoyed a nice Montrachet at Mango today with friends for lunch. He's usually a Bordeaux fan pretty exclusively but liked the little Burgundy detour...

Good to hear, I'll check them out soon.

I will be really interested in hearing a review of Francois for a couple of reasons. One being a very memorable second trip stay there years ago.(we went through the overpriced disaster at the tail end) The other is the favorable location to Kercliff!