vanilla rum

Long version Vanilla Rum recipe

4 cups dark rum
2 cups light rum
10-12 vanilla beans split longways down the center
2 cups sugar
2 cups water
1 TBS glycerin- bought in health food store

Combine the rum with the vanilla beans and refrigerate for 1 month.
Remove the vanilla beans and add the sugar, water and glycerin to the rum.
Store in a cool place for an additional 1-2 months

Why wait. Do the short version

Short Method as per Andy from the Hideaway:

2 parts sugar cane syrup or simple syrup
1 part vanilla extract
5 parts Mount Gay Rum
2 parts Myers Rum

mix and drink

Why wait. Do the short version

Short Method as per Andy from the Hideaway:

2 parts sugar cane syrup or simple syrup
1 part vanilla extract
5 parts Mount Gay Rum
2 parts Myers Rum

mix and drink

I was going with the bean formula :cool:

You thought it was a joke when I said Trump was going to win too, didn't you? BTW, I've been wanting to thank you for Pennsylvania putting us over the top.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt when I straight answered your post but your true colors and intent are obvious- a political post on a non- political thread. You have nothing to give this site so just go away or maybe the mods will ban you for good.

Andy I simply had a question about ageing rum but you let it evolve into a critique of my posts and now you try to deflect blame back on to me. A year ago when the Mods asked for ideas on how to increase member participation in the forum, an idea that was obviously overlooked was to ban YOU. "Like water of a ducks back" was the last straw for hopper and now you tell me to go away. I don't post anymore but I do read the forum. Is that OK with you, your highness.

I gave you a recipe or didn't you bother to read the post. I didn't critique anything. It was a moderator that called you out. Good idea not to post anymore tho.

You thought it was a joke when I said Trump was going to win too, didn't you? BTW, I've been wanting to thank you for Pennsylvania putting us over the top.

775643-ban_him.jpg

It's a snow day so I put 2 vanilla beans in a pint of rum. How long until I can enjoy.

Alachick, I like my Rhum Vanille, and I have a thought.

Slit those Vanilla Beans, put 'em back in the bottle, give it a good shake, and Enjoy whatever you've got! It ain't right for the usual Rhum Vanille recipes, but it's right for right now!

Thanks, sounds like a good idea. I didn't know about slitting the beans so that's already been done. Actually the rum is to use in ageing a fruitcake I made earlier this week.

Oh please tell me that you just didn't drop the word "fruitcake" into this thread, LOL.

Given that you did, I've never made a fruitcake, I've just been a party to the usual gifted ones. For baking purposes, the "slitted vanilla bean and shake" recipe might just be as good of a rhum recipe as any. If there are any survivors (typical fruitcake joke), and you decide to make a drinking quantity of Rhum Vanille, then we can talk further. Please let me know how the fruitcake works out though.

I see someone's into the grappa early today.

alachick...I do hope you'll let us know how your rhum turns out. Good luck!