7 Dinners & 6 Lunches

I'd rather have the dogs than the smoking, but what are you going to? It's their house.

I don't enjoy the smoking either. If the dogs were the dogs of the restaurant owner or owners, I think it might be their house, much like the cats that roam some outdoor restaurants. I think it would be nice to have the opinion(s) of some restaurant owners on this topic.

My impression has been that too many restaurant owners have been afraid of offending (and subsequently losing) the business of those who bring their dogs to dinner with them. Little do they know that they are losing the business of other diners by allowing the dogs at the table. Either that or they just don't want to create a scene.

I personally (as a dog lover) choose not to bring my dog to restaurants, where allowed however I certainly do not begrudge those that do, especially since European dogs tend to be much better behaved than our North American ones.
Running a restaurant is a tough proposition with tight margins and lots of costs and stresses, especially on such a constrained island like St. Barts - therefore I feel that generally owners are too busy/too customer obliging to worry about dogs/no dogs, smoking/non smoking, they just want customers. I don't mind dogs in restaurants however there is this crazy trend in Canada and the US to certify a dog (or cat or pig - I have seen it!) as a emotional support animal and then the business owner (I am one) cannot legally keep them out of my restaurant. Funny world.

Have fun, hope you enjoy SBH BJR!
If you make it to Bonito - please report back, I am considering this restaurant for a splurge dinner later this month... ;)

We were staying near M&P (Meat and Potatoes) last trip so had dinner there and enjoyed the place and steak. I don't see it mentioned in any of the threads. Are the regulars on here turned off by the place for some reason?