Page 2 of 2 First 2
    SBH Member

User Info Menu

Re: 7 Dinners & 6 Lunches

Quote Originally Posted by JEK View Post
    If I'm craving a medium rare steak, baked potato and sour cream Le Ti is always in my sights!
    Mine too!

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Maya's had the best steak our summer trip down.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

I like Bonito... Took Manu and Marisol last March and they liked it as well.

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pascaleschmidt View Post
    I like Bonito... Took Manu and Marisol last March and they liked it as well.
    Pascale, tell us more about Bonito, s'il te plaît. It's rarely reviewed.
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

SBH Member

User Info Menu

please don't be put off by the anti dog in restaurants comments. wish we were going to be there we would love to meet your dog,in or out of the restaurants!! have fun and enjoy all your time in st abrts.

SBH Apprentice

User Info Menu

I second Jcmc...we have been bringing our 6 lb dog to St. Barths for the past 10 years and bring her everywhere we go. She is mannerly and we are discreet. We have never encountered negative reactions. Have fun!

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jcmc View Post
    please don't be put off by the anti dog in restaurants comments.
    we've eaten many meals in france seated next to the dogue of a convive. always well behaved. adds to the charm of the french expérience culturelle. i remember being seated at one of the 2 tops pictured below at le petit marius with a great beast, practically une molosse, wedged in the space between our table and a neighboring table. pas de problème.

Name:  le-petit-marius1.png
Views: 125
Size:  638.1 KB

User Info Menu

It was very nice to receive positive reinforcement regarding dining & traveling with our dog. We understand that not everyone is a dog lover and are courteous of their feelings. Happy to change seats/tables if anyone complains, which has never happened. Traveling with Molly has opened up many new & positive experiences for us. Perhaps we will meet some of your dogs during our stay.

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BJR View Post
    It was very nice to receive positive reinforcement regarding dining & traveling with our dog. We understand that not everyone is a dog lover and are courteous of their feelings. Happy to change seats/tables if anyone complains, which has never happened. Traveling with Molly has opened up many new & positive experiences for us. Perhaps we will meet some of your dogs during our stay.
    I probably wouldn't complain to you directly. As I said before, I like dogs, but have never allowed our dog to be near the table. I do not think that dogs at the table are charming or necessary to the French experience. In fact, there are many places in the United States that prohibit dogs in restaurants.

While I am glad that you feel your dog has been a source of "new & positive experiences" for you, just realize that there are many people who do not enjoy dogs while they are eating human food, and that many of those people would consider it rude to approach you when you had your dog with you.
    "When you lose yourself, you find the key to paradise."
    Zac Brown Band

Senior Insider

User Info Menu

French culture is different
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

I agree that French culture is different, and I like that.
    I just don't think it requires dogs.
    Zac Brown Band

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Vive la différence

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

I'd rather have the dogs than the smoking, but what are you going to? It's their house.

SBH Insider

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bart -my real name- View Post
    I'd rather have the dogs than the smoking, but what are you going to? It's their house.
    I don't enjoy the smoking either. If the dogs were the dogs of the restaurant owner or owners, I think it might be their house, much like the cats that roam some outdoor restaurants. I think it would be nice to have the opinion(s) of some restaurant owners on this topic.

My impression has been that too many restaurant owners have been afraid of offending (and subsequently losing) the business of those who bring their dogs to dinner with them. Little do they know that they are losing the business of other diners by allowing the dogs at the table. Either that or they just don't want to create a scene.
    Zac Brown Band

SBH Member

User Info Menu

I personally (as a dog lover) choose not to bring my dog to restaurants, where allowed however I certainly do not begrudge those that do, especially since European dogs tend to be much better behaved than our North American ones.
    Running a restaurant is a tough proposition with tight margins and lots of costs and stresses, especially on such a constrained island like St. Barts - therefore I feel that generally owners are too busy/too customer obliging to worry about dogs/no dogs, smoking/non smoking, they just want customers. I don't mind dogs in restaurants however there is this crazy trend in Canada and the US to certify a dog (or cat or pig - I have seen it!) as a emotional support animal and then the business owner (I am one) cannot legally keep them out of my restaurant. Funny world.

Have fun, hope you enjoy SBH BJR!
    If you make it to Bonito - please report back, I am considering this restaurant for a splurge dinner later this month...
    St. Barth Je t'aime (except all the smoking...)

SBH Apprentice

User Info Menu

We were staying near M&P (Meat and Potatoes) last trip so had dinner there and enjoyed the place and steak. I don't see it mentioned in any of the threads. Are the regulars on here turned off by the place for some reason?