January 5, 2017, dinner at Cote Port

phil62

Senior Insider
A perfect night for a drive into Gustavia for dinner at Cote Port. We were welcomed back warmly by Herve and his super staff.

I began with the poached egg and seared foie gras. One of the best starters I have ever enjoyed at Cote Port-a treat with multi grain bread toasts for dipping and wiping the little bowl clean!
P1000033.JPG

Phil was overwhelmed by this huge Italian Charcuteries platter of meats accompanied by sweet baby pickles. Took some home for tomorrow's in villa lunch.
P1000034.JPG

The flank steak beef bavette was smothered in shallots and served with frites that were perfectly crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.
P1000035.JPG

I had this 'small' Caesar salad..lettuce, tomato, cubed chicken breast, hard cooked eggs, bacon and croutons in a light dressing.
P1000036.JPG

Drum roll-we shared the chocolate mousse
P1000038.JPG

As you can see, portions are quite generous and the harbor side seating was a delight.

Drove around the harbor to look at and take pictures of the gorgeously lit yachts. A perfect St Barth's evening in town.
Ahhh, St Barths.

Ahhhh...yes! They are BACK! A dreamy dinner, indeed. That foie gras starter has me most intrigued.

BTW: I see you sneaking a frite, my Yankee Soul Sister. :cool: A girl after my own heart!

Now you are officially back on the island! This place is my new favorite restaurant and I kick myself for not going here before our most recent trip.

I love that foie gras dish, and your portion looks huge. We went there twice during the last visit and once the foie gras portion was about that size, the second time we went, we could barely locate it in the egg mixture at all!

Thanks for posting!!!

I have fond memories of the Charolais Chateaubriand that we had there in November. Hervé mentioned that he had been running at as a special from time to time. Excellent beef, and it was a chateaubriand for one.

I hope that special comes back. We enjoyed excellent Chateaubriand last summer at both Tamarin and M&P.

we were a little reluctant to eat on the dock, so, for many years we ate inside, Thanks to Amy
and Phil's suggestion to eat on the dock it changed the entire dining experience., We
even put up with the smokers to enjoy the experience (as long as there's a breeze).
thank you again Amy and Phil