Take One For The Team

cassidain

Senior Insider
Won't Somebody?

IMG_1793.JPG

Interesting menu. Wish they had opened a few weeks ago.

Can anyone explain this? Does Corvina/Orvina have a common name? Tigers milk? Is that a real thing?

CEVICHE DE CORVINA / ORNIVA CEVICHE
Lait de tigre au poivron jaune, algues et patate douce
With yellow chili-flavored tiger’s milk, seaweed and sweet potato

Tiger's Milk is the liquid from making ceviche - lime/orange juice, chiles, onions, juice from the fish, etc. Some believe it to be an aphrodisiac.

. . . went to the opening. Drinks only. My companion & I were the only people -- among 100+ guests -- over 30, & I didn't see a soul among them from SBH. Almost everyone was smoking.

Similarly, we were the same night at an opening of the new "Martini" (as in the Italian liquor company, "Martini & Rossi") bar in a small atrium behind the new Dolce e Gabanna store. It's quite a small space, with a few high-style Italian design tables & chairs in chrome. (Quite reminiscent of some of the so-called "public" spaces in various Fifth, Madison, & Park avenue buildings in NY). They're planning on adding a small luncheon menu in the Spring, but right now it's only cocktails & snacks (nuts & breadsticks). The space is tres chic, & the crowd also was tres young. The vibe, however, was much more sophisticated than Bo Kao.

Interesting menu. Wish they had opened a few weeks ago.

Can anyone explain this? Does Corvina/Orvina have a common name? Tigers milk? Is that a real thing?

CEVICHE DE CORVINA / ORNIVA CEVICHE
Lait de tigre au poivron jaune, algues et patate douce
With yellow chili-flavored tiger’s milk, seaweed and sweet potato

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilus_gilberti
Kinda sounds like a croaker or a sea trout would be close.

. . . went to the opening. Drinks only. My companion & I were the only people -- among 100+ guests -- over 30, & I didn't see a soul among them from SBH. Almost everyone was smoking.

Similarly, we were the same night at an opening of the new "Martini" (as in the Italian liquor company, "Martini & Rossi") bar in a small atrium behind the new Dolce e Gabanna store. It's quite a small space, with a few high-style Italian design tables & chairs in chrome. (Quite reminiscent of some of the so-called "public" spaces in various Fifth, Madison, & Park avenue buildings in NY). They're planning on adding a small luncheon menu in the Spring, but right now it's only cocktails & snacks (nuts & breadsticks). The space is tres chic, & the crowd also was tres young. The vibe, however, was much more sophisticated than Bo Kao.

and breakfast now too !

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 6.55.20 AM.png

Please post the menus when Martini opens for lunch and breakfast. The only problem back there is there is no view other than the store windows unlike Bo Kao. Our forecast- a one or two season establishment but hope not for their sake. There just seems to be turnover in that area of the mall. Franck was an anchor because of his dedication and strong work ethic.

Franck really created a gem of a venue in the middle of nothing. I miss his restaurant and wish him well.