Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Take One For The Team

    Won't Somebody?

    Name:  IMG_1793.JPG
Views: 779
Size:  208.4 KB
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  2. #2
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    chumming the waters

    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 6.07.41 PM.png
Views: 690
Size:  880.2 KB

    would make a perfect "where am i" for a certain smart, in-the-know couple on island right now
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  3. #3
    Senior Insider

    User Info Menu


  4. #4
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Arrow Re: Take One For The Team

    Interesting menu. Wish they had opened a few weeks ago.

    Can anyone explain this? Does Corvina/Orvina have a common name? Tigers milk? Is that a real thing?

    CEVICHE DE CORVINA / ORNIVA CEVICHE
    Lait de tigre au poivron jaune, algues et patate douce
    With yellow chili-flavored tiger’s milk, seaweed and sweet potato

  5. #5
    Senior Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    chumming the waters

    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 6.07.41 PM.png
Views: 690
Size:  880.2 KB

    would make a perfect "where am i" for a certain smart, in-the-know couple on island right now
    If that couple passes on the opportunity I'll check our remaining slots and see if it's doable.

  6. #6
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    or make it a foursome
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  7. #7
    Senior Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Tiger's Milk is the liquid from making ceviche - lime/orange juice, chiles, onions, juice from the fish, etc. Some believe it to be an aphrodisiac.

  8. #8
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    . . . went to the opening. Drinks only. My companion & I were the only people -- among 100+ guests -- over 30, & I didn't see a soul among them from SBH. Almost everyone was smoking.

    Similarly, we were the same night at an opening of the new "Martini" (as in the Italian liquor company, "Martini & Rossi") bar in a small atrium behind the new Dolce e Gabanna store. It's quite a small space, with a few high-style Italian design tables & chairs in chrome. (Quite reminiscent of some of the so-called "public" spaces in various Fifth, Madison, & Park avenue buildings in NY). They're planning on adding a small luncheon menu in the Spring, but right now it's only cocktails & snacks (nuts & breadsticks). The space is tres chic, & the crowd also was tres young. The vibe, however, was much more sophisticated than Bo Kao.

  9. #9
    SBH Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Bart -my real name- View Post
    Interesting menu. Wish they had opened a few weeks ago.

    Can anyone explain this? Does Corvina/Orvina have a common name? Tigers milk? Is that a real thing?

    CEVICHE DE CORVINA / ORNIVA CEVICHE
    Lait de tigre au poivron jaune, algues et patate douce
    With yellow chili-flavored tiger’s milk, seaweed and sweet potato

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cilus_gilberti
    Kinda sounds like a croaker or a sea trout would be close.
    Hobbes : "Do you think there's a God?
    Calvin : "Well somebody's out to get me!"

  10. #10
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    . . . went to the opening. Drinks only. My companion & I were the only people -- among 100+ guests -- over 30, & I didn't see a soul among them from SBH. Almost everyone was smoking.

    Similarly, we were the same night at an opening of the new "Martini" (as in the Italian liquor company, "Martini & Rossi") bar in a small atrium behind the new Dolce e Gabanna store. It's quite a small space, with a few high-style Italian design tables & chairs in chrome. (Quite reminiscent of some of the so-called "public" spaces in various Fifth, Madison, & Park avenue buildings in NY). They're planning on adding a small luncheon menu in the Spring, but right now it's only cocktails & snacks (nuts & breadsticks). The space is tres chic, & the crowd also was tres young. The vibe, however, was much more sophisticated than Bo Kao.
    and breakfast now too !

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 6.55.20 AM.png
Views: 294
Size:  483.0 KB
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  11. #11
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    I'll check out the "Italian breakfast," Cass . . . & report back!

  12. #12
    SBH Member

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    I have always liked the location, looking forward to hearing a breakfast report. Thank you.

  13. #13
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    I'll check out the "Italian breakfast," Cass . . . & report back!
    Fils du Sud - Ministre de la Santé

    If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

  14. #14
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    The Italian breakfast in Italy by Italian males is usually a shot of prosecco.
    If you're going through hell, keep going- Winston Churchill

    Andy

  15. #15
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Please post the menus when Martini opens for lunch and breakfast. The only problem back there is there is no view other than the store windows unlike Bo Kao. Our forecast- a one or two season establishment but hope not for their sake. There just seems to be turnover in that area of the mall. Franck was an anchor because of his dedication and strong work ethic.

  16. #16
    SBH Insider

    User Info Menu

    Re: Take One For The Team

    Franck really created a gem of a venue in the middle of nothing. I miss his restaurant and wish him well.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.