Ferry help?

patchdad

SBH Insider
Hi all,
Late organizing flights from SXM to SBH (using our son's wedding as my excuse). Looks like there are no WinAir flights left the
afternoon we arrive. We've taken the ferry when we've stayed on SXM, but never right from the airport - any suggestions for smooth
travel?
Happy Holiday's!
Margie

Hi all,
Late organizing flights from SXM to SBH (using our son's wedding as my excuse). Looks like there are no WinAir flights left the
afternoon we arrive. We've taken the ferry when we've stayed on SXM, but never right from the airport - any suggestions for smooth
travel?
Happy Holiday's!

Margie

Have you tried St barths commuter? Check both Juliana and the late flight from Grand Case--you can taxi over there.

Hi all,
travel?
Happy Holiday's!
Margie
Hi Margie- =MikeR recently took the ferry. Maybe he will chime in or send him a PM.

Very easy.....get a cab and tell them you re going to Voyager @ Oyster Pond....25 minutes and 20 bucks later you will there ..

if they try and tell you they wanna do a bunch of fares together tell them no way and ask for a cab just for you ...that's what I did and I got my own cab

done.....

cant speak for the other ferry lines as far as location etc because last month I used Voyager ....and it was fine ....not the nicest ferry boat you will ever be on but it serves its purpose

Very easy.....get a cab and tell them you re going to Voyager @ Oyster Pond....25 minutes and 20 bucks later you will there ..

if they try and tell you they wanna do a bunch of fares together tell them no way and ask for a cab just for you ...that's what I did and I got my own cab

done.....

cant speak for the other ferry lines as far as location etc because last month I used Voyager ....and it was fine ....not the nicest ferry boat you will ever be on but it serves its purpose

normal rate is 30 dollars to oyster pond from the airport. unless your taxi driver charges less mike?

Yes, and forget about the "25 minutes later..." part, as this it not a realistic driving time between SXM and Oyster Pond in high season. Count one hour as a minimum (assuming Simpson Bay bridge is not open for boats), if not 1 hour 30 minutes if traffic gets bad around Philipsburg at a time when thousands of cruise passengers go back to their ship.

I can't believe how quickly misleading information is spreading on here, from people who never visit SBH during the New Year holidays.

If you travel around this time of year, your best bet is to catch the ferry in Marigot instead. Yes a longer boat ride, but a guaranteed ride as opposed to missing the departure out of Oyster Pond. Estimated taxi time between SXM and Marigot is 30 minutes (via Terres Basses, make sure to tell the taxi driver).

I can't believe how quickly misleading information is spreading on here, from people who never visit SBH during the New Year holidays.

If you travel around this time of year, your best bet is to catch the ferry in Marigot instead. Yes a longer boat ride, but a guaranteed ride as opposed to missing the departure out of Oyster Pond. Estimated taxi time between SXM and Marigot is 30 minutes (via Terres Basses, make sure to tell the taxi driver).

The OP didn't say she was coming this month. Merry Christmas!

It was 20 dollars from my hotel which was less than 10 minutes from the airport .....

and it was 25 minutes to the boat

on a Thursday morning in mid November

believe whatever the hell you want to believe..I really dont care.....

just what we need. ...one more brave keyboard smart ass who wouldnt say s&&t in person

on a Thursday morning in mid November

As I said you obviously never visit SBH or SXM in high season, when there are 4 or 5 cruise ships in Philipsburg and the whole island of St Maarten is on traffic lockdown.

believe whatever the hell you want to believe..

This is not about me but about people who have never done this trip before and need accurate information. You are misleading them.

I really dont care.....just what we need. ...one more brave keyboard smart ass who wouldnt say s&&t in person

I never doubted your rudeness. You just confirmed what I thought. You obviously have no idea who I am. Happy to meet you in person next time you come.

"one more brave keyboard smart ass who wouldnt say s&&t in person"

Question to the mods: Isn't the time to draw the line here?

As I said you obviously never visit SBH or SXM in high season, when there are 4 or 5 cruise ships in Philipsburg and the whole island of St Maarten is on traffic lockdown.

This is not about me but about people who have never done this trip before and need accurate information. You are misleading them.

I never doubted your rudeness. You just confirmed what I thought. You obviously have no idea who I am. Happy to meet you in person next time you come.

I have been to SBH and SXM plenty in high season in my 36 years visiting , don't really care who you are, am not a hard person to find when I'm on the island if you want to meet , and did not mislead anyone .....my trip to the ferry boat was as described ....period.....but hey do have a Merry Christmas !

You guys need to have a little PM time and cool down. Become BFFs like Bart did with Mike. Moderate yourselves.

I dont need to cool down because I'm not the one all hot and bothered....

I simply told Margie my experience last month..to be helpful
He on the other hand instead of asking me politely how my trip went the way I said it went instead immediately attacked my credibility and accused me of misleading a poster......

And i actually gave him the benefit of the doubt and knowing my cab picked me up at 8, checked my iPhone photo I took at the ferry dock because as you know, it records the time taken...and lo and behold it said 830, which makes perfect sense as I took the photo five minutes after I arrived and checked in..

And I would be more than happy to post that as well to back it up

and yet ...I'm the one who is rude here ??????...LOL

right...got it....:up:

But obviously, to use his words I "don't have any idea" who he is so put that way for all I know Im dealing with the second coming of Christ or something earth shattering like that, so I guess I had better watch my step.....LOL...

its all funny..and it's all good.....we re not curing cancer here....just skating away on the thin ice of a new day