Rock and Roll HOF 2017

andynap

Senior Insider
Joan Baez?

2017 INDUCTEES FOR ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME ANNOUNCED32ND ANNUAL ROCK & ROLL HALL OF FAME INDUCTION CEREMONY PRESENTED BY KLIPSCH AUDIO RETURNS TO BROOKLYN AT BARCLAYS CENTER ON APRIL 7
Cleveland (December 20, 2016) – The names of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame’s 2017 Inductees have been released. They are:
Performer Category:

• Joan Baez
  • Electric Light Orchestra
  • Journey
  • Pearl Jam
  • Tupac Shakur
  • Yes
Award for Musical Excellence:

• Nile Rodgers

You don't like her? You don't think she is a rocker? There are many non-rockers in the Rock and Roll HOF.
You are right and I don't think any non-rocker belongs there. They are running out of R&R people and it's been diluted so much it doesn't have any cachet anymore.

Do they have a floor, room or wing for one hit wonders? Isn't almost everybody qualified as a rock 'n roller already inducted there?

Joan Baez as HOF worthy is a joke...

Journey I can live with...but not my choice ..

Yes I can live with but not my choice

Tupac.,,without a doubt

Pearl Jam....without a doubt

ELO for sure..cutting edge music incorporating classical instruments with rock instruments ....still one of the best shows I ve ever been to and for sure one of the best light shows

Hall amd Oates without a doubt..I still to this day listen to Abandoned luncheonette album regularly .....I saw them totally upstage, as an opening act , a cheesy Leo Sayer gig at the Bottom Line in NYC

too bad they sold out and went poofy hair MTV pop bullss&&t though for a while...but it paid the bills I m sure

Good article Andy....

and I agree totally that Notorius B.I.G. should be next.....I use a line from his song Juicy almost every day at hoops practice !

It is problem. Not unlike creating an honest discussion about fresh fish or tipping.