trip report early november the good the bad and the ugly

jcmc

SBH Insider
if it is early november, anyone who knows me knows where i am, on my favorite island st barts celebrating my birthday. we have celebrated 22 of them there and made a total of 30 trips over the years so i feel like it is almost home!! now for the trip report: THE GOOD (in most cases great!) tradewind aviation from san juan, eddys, tamarin, la gloriette, cote port, le grain de sel, le repaire, le bar de l'oubli for breakfast, kiki-e-mo for take away, with honorable mention to santa fe, le piment, and carpe diem. also the garden at the small grocery just past santa fe is worth the stop the people are really nice and their garden wherin they sell plants, statues etc is really special. as usual our running route from saline to gran fond and back. and just being there is more than good!!
THE BAD the restaurant by the pool in the sand at the christopher hotel. the service was awful,the food was awful,my wife sent her salad back and they were kind enough to remove it from the bill although no further reparations or apologies were offered,all in all i would recomend staying far away from that particular place and although we have had some issues on rare occasions over the years elsewhere as happens none were remotely as bad as this!!
THE UGLY there is NOTHING ugly in st barts ,it is all beautiful!!
we ran in to amy and phil at the linen shop and amy picked out a shirt for me that will forever be my favorite and has been named appropriately " the amy shirt" THANKS. it was great to see you guys and also to run in to gary and toni several times as well. god bless you!!
all in all another great trip to st barts and we already are looking forward to our return. thanks for listening!

I am thrilled and honored that you like that shirt, Jim.

I got a kick out of meeting you and your wife at the LINEN store and hope we can link up the next time we share the island.
Again, glad your birthday was so special. Keep healthy and keep coming back.

Thanks for your report...have to admit I was a little worried by your post title...and glad to learn that there was no "ugly!" Sounds like most was better than good!