Transfer Desk at SXM

SherylB

Senior Insider
Hi there, I think I read somewhere that Air France now has a baggage agreement with Winair so therefore Air France passengers with luggage can also use the transfer desk? We arrive this Saturday at 2:10 pm and it looks like the Air France flight arrives at 2:45 pm?

Has anyone recently arrived around the same time as the Air France flight and experienced an extra influx of passengers at the transfer desk? My issue is that if our flight is a little late and/or their flight is a little early that it could pose a problem at the transfer desk. We only have carry-on so the process is usually very smooth - but if it could be a problem then I will likely go ahead and book Premium IV to usher us through. We were trying to save on that expense but not if there's a chance we will be battling a crowd for our boarding passes.

Any recent insight would be much appreciated!

Three more sleeps!

Sheryl

Anyone using Winair or SBCommuter uses the Transfer Desk regardless of what airline they are coming in on. However, you have a 35 minute head start on Air France. I would chance it.

Hi there, I think I read somewhere that Air France now has a baggage agreement with Winair so therefore Air France passengers with luggage can also use the transfer desk? We arrive this Saturday at 2:10 pm and it looks like the Air France flight arrives at 2:45 pm?

Sheryl

How did you determine the Air France arrival time? I looked on the SXM site and could only see today tomorrow's arrivals.

You can also use a flight tracking website such as FlightAware.com to pull some history on the flight.

IMG_0874.jpg

Anyone using Winair or SBCommuter uses the Transfer Desk regardless of what airline they are coming in on. However, you have a 35 minute head start on Air France. I would chance it.

I actually meant the in-transit desk. We travel with carry-on luggage only so are used to going to in-transit desk, get our boarding passes, clear security through the small screening area in the in-transit area, and head up the elevator to the departure gates. Unless using a service, arriving passengers with checked bags had to go through immigration, pick up their bags, re-check them through Winair or SBC Commuter counters inside baggage hall, and then head up to security.

So my question was about Air France having an interline agreement with Winair, which would mean ALL passengers transferring to Winair could use the in-transit desk, regardless of having checked bags.

Its called the Transfer Information Desk and I still think you have enough time to clear it before the Air France people going to SBH get there. Hasn't been Intransit for a long time. I know PIV gets your bags but do they get your Winair boarding passes too? If not then it's not worth it since you have carryon.
IMG_0490.JPG

We have a friend who flew into SXM on another carrier at the same time as Air France a few weeks back.
He said the Air France had priority with regards to Winair and our friend basically was deprioritized and barely made the last flight over....

PIV's agent in SXM had my boarding passes in hand yesterday.

YES!!! Everyday for the past week my wife has asked me "Is Kevin on the island yet?" This morning it was "It's got to be soon. I bet it's today"

We're both very much looking forward to your daily doses (messages) of tranquility.