Election party

cec1

Senior Insider
[FONT=&quot]SBH Forum friends are invited to a party on Tuesday evening (that is, not before 8:30 PM) – perhaps too late to come out for a party, but if you would like to come by The Normandie, there'll be dessert and wine / coffee and some friends watching US election reports on television.

Though results may not yet be known, I expect that we'll be wrapping-up the gathering by 10:30 (guests in the Hotel will need to sleep!) It would be a pleasure to see you. Please let me know if you expect to attend.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dennis (cec1)[/FONT]

The party was a success, with about 30 people coming by for dessert (lemon tarts, chocolate brownies, & Madeleines), coffee, wine, & champagne. Some "regulars" didn't make it because of the late starting time, but there was a festive crowd of friends . . . many stopping on their way home from dinner. Among the best conversations were discussions with Hotel guests from England, Norway, & Martinique . . . who were straining to understand the dynamics of US Presidential politics.

Good natured partisanship was shared among all with smiles & laughter . . . everyone leaving about 10:30 - 10:45 (I had to make sure early-rising guests in nearby bedrooms could get to sleep!).

Now, back to reality!

Dennis, it was so nice of you to host that Election Night Rally at the Normandie. Your gatherings are always shared by a roomful of visitors happy to be there and getting to know each other no matter the port of origin.

Glad to have shared a piece of the night with you and island friends, old and new.

sorry, we had to miss it. thanks for the personal invitation via email. my friend that was going to ride with us also could not make it. It was a very busy day. but my question is where are the photo's?

The party was a success, with about 30 people coming by for dessert (lemon tarts, chocolate brownies, & Madeleines), coffee, wine, & champagne. Some "regulars" didn't make it because of the late starting time, but there was a festive crowd of friends . . . many stopping on their way home from dinner. Among the best conversations were discussions with Hotel guests from England, Norway, & Martinique . . . who were straining to understand the dynamics of US Presidential politics.

Good natured partisanship was shared among all with smiles & laughter . . . everyone leaving about 10:30 - 10:45 (I had to make sure early-rising guests in nearby bedrooms could get to sleep!).

Now, back to reality!

What a boon that must have been to all who attended. We need more sharing of ideas. Wasn't on island to attend, but I'm sure those who did were grateful.

as always, Dennis knows how to throw a party, elections aside, it was a "bittersweet party" knowing that
the Normandie will be in new hands at the end of the year.
to all of our new and old friends, hope we get a chance to share another glass of wine