le barthélemy opening as recorded by the intrepid cec1

a recent survey (03/2016) showed that according to official policies of the luxe hotels about half charge for transits with lunch for non-staying guests and about half don't. anecdotal evidence suggests that especially nice and generous non-staying lunch guests may be offered transats without charge notwithstanding policy otherwise.
or, as certain have pointed out, the beach is public and you're free to schlep your own folding chair and place it among the hotel guests' more tony accommodations.

pretty girls don't pay............or sometimes pretty boys.

a recent survey (03/2016) showed that according to official policies of the luxe hotels about half charge for transits with lunch for non-staying guests and about half don't. anecdotal evidence suggests that especially nice and generous non-staying lunch guests may be offered transats without charge notwithstanding policy otherwise.
or, as certain have pointed out, the beach is public and you're free to schlep your own folding chair and place it among the hotel guests' more tony accommodations.

I vaguely remember that discussion. Any chance you know where it is on the site?

To your last point, if I bring my own chair to the beach, I'm going to stay as far away from the hotel crowd as possible!!

i think if you search "transats" you will find it. i could post the link, but it was one of those acrimonious affairs tilting towards a lock down, so i'll refrain from doing so. of course, there's always mfr...

I vaguely remember that discussion. Any chance you know where it is on the site?

To your last point, if I bring my own chair to the beach, I'm going to stay as far away from the hotel crowd as possible!!

One of these . . .:nerd:

Screen Shot 2016-11-05 at 9.25.31 AM.jpg

One of my friends had lunch there yesterday, the food was quite good. lobster salad.........yummy.

I will be having sunday brunch here on november 13th with friends.........will give my review with some pics then. I am excited.