Best Place to Pickup Roast Chicken?

marche u 7.50 euros. (does not matter / weight or size) delicious.

maya's to go between 20 to 25 euros depending on the size/weight. delicious.

the only difference between the two birds from marche u & maya's to go is the spices.

If money was no object , I would still like Marche U bird a little more.

the bbq place in st. jean, boucherie is gone.

Diana, I know that the people from I (heart) BBQ were hoping to find another location for their business. Have you heard if they have been successful?

I have not heard of a new location for them kevin. again I would like to add something about the roti chicken. maya's to go uses organic chicken only, could be the difference for the higher price.

Saw racks of skewered chickens being made in front of the little market in Lorient across from the school and near the cemetery and the day care nursery.. Golden and delicious looking, but we did not stop.

Exactly-I could not think of the name. It looks like a brand new clean and shiny rotisserie oven right outside the main entrance.

If Bouchon is open I would concur that the have the best roast chicken on the island that is heavily basted and tender yet with crispy skin. I recall the price at around 13-14 Euros. We will frequently get the Marche U chicken in a pinch which would be my second choice. I am not a fan of spatchcock cooked chickens due to more frequently seeing the joints of the chicken which I find show pink on this style of cookery which makes one think (but I know better) that the chicken isn't cooked properly which is how they do them on the BBQ at the Butcher shop at the St. Jean round about. I have never had a Maya's to go chicken. The simple roasted chicken is comfort food at it's finest. Oddly enough, I have found this simple meal to be done perfectly at Nikki Beach. Great extra jus, large plank style display with lovely portion of herb roasted potatoes or mashed, vegetables and large salad for very reasonable $$$.