Zika has left the island?

didier

Senior Insider
I was told from a very good source that Zika has finally left sbh. St. Martin is also reporting that there has not been any new cases of zika in over 4 months. good news for the tourist season.

Has anyone else heard this?

here is latest graph from l'ARS. about 15 new cases of zika in last week on saint-barth. but i like the trend.

Screen Shot 2016-10-24 at 4.45.35 PM.png

From the Pan American Health Organization - the current week is W44.

Caribbean[6]

In Anguilla, new cases continue to be reported with an increasing trend in the last four weeks (EW 37 to EW 40).
In the French overseas territories, Saint Martin has had a decrease of suspected cases between EW 37 and EW 39; this follows the previously reported increase of cases between EW 32 and 36. In Saint Barthelemy circulation of Zika virus remains active with a high number of cases reported in the last two weeks (EW 38 and EW 39), with 40 and 30 suspected cases being reported, respectively.

Regional Zika Epidemiological Update (Americas) October 20, 2016

Zika virus — Incidence and trends

To date, 47 countries and territories in the Americas have confirmed autochthonous, vector-borne transmission of Zika virus disease since 2015.[1] In addition, five countries in the Americas have reported sexually transmitted Zika cases.[2] Since the last Zika Epidemiological Update of 6 October 2016, no additional countries and/or territories have confirmed vector-borne autochthonous transmission of Zika virus in the Americas (Figure 1).

2016-20-oct-zika-epi-update-1-big.jpg

http://www.paho.org/hq/index.php?option=com_content&id=11599&Itemid=41691

In Sint Maarten, an independent state within the Kingdom of the Netherlands, bordered to the north by the French territory of Saint Martin, an increase in confirmed cases has been reported in the last two weeks reported (EW 37 and EW 38).

In Puerto Rico, a declining trend in confirmed cases has been observed between EW 35 and EW 39.
Other countries/territories in the Caribbean also show a declining trend of Zika cases.

Don't get too excited Shopper/Hopper. Still a case here and there. I have not seen a sprayer yet.

Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 8.15.47 AM.png

Officially the epidemic continues on St-Barth and St-Martin, while it is in decline on Guadeloupe and official over on Martinique and Guyana.

good to know, thanks cass for all the updates, the reports that I heard were wrong from all the data that you have presented.

Good to see that ZIKA appears to be on the way out, but I've caught wind that another cause for heightened attention is about to descend upon the island. I think it's called PITA.

the reports on epidemic data are supposed to come out from ARS Guadeloupe every 2 weeks, but the last one on their site is still the 20 oct one shown above...

I hate to be bearer of bad news but I just got back from a week in St Barts on the Nov12th and have been sick in bed for 4 days with fever- nasty conjunctivitis and bad muscle and joint pain and rash all over my chest, back and arms.... Dr. testing for Zika, Dengue , and Chicungunya sp?- should know by Monday but he is confident that it is one of them... Will report back.
It was a very wet week we were there and many mosquitos at our villa and I didnt do a good enough job with the spray! That will teach me...
Wont stop me from going- just need to be very vigilant