30 Years of Beach Bumming Together - Day One

Crez4jc

SBH Insider
I'm still a little depressed to be home, but I am recovering, at least I'm still tan.

We left our house early the morning of Sept. 30th, knowing we had a long day of flying ahead of us. We flew to MIA and had a planned 2 hour layover, enough time to grab dinner. As we ate dinner a huge lightening storm hit the airport and it closed down, no planes could land or take-off. It lasted about an hour, but it took another hour to land all the planes, unload them, etc... No worries for us though, we were on vacation time.
IMG_2290.jpg
Rainbow after the storm passed.

I had booked one night in SXM because I knew we were getting in so late. We stayed at Mary's Boon. The drive there is a little sketchy, and my husband's eyes were as big as saucers, but the resort was nice. It was clean, and cheap, and the coffee was great in the morning at the beachside restaurant.
IMG_2291.jpgIMG_2292.jpg

We flew Winair to SBH around 10am, our flight was scheduled for 11:15 - but they put us on an earlier flight. It was us and one other gentleman. My husband is not too fond of the flight, and would probably like to take the ferry, but I love it!
IMG_2295.jpgIMG_2296.jpg

Vincent met us at the airport, after we had signed for our car, and we were off, arriving at the gate of Villa Kercliff/Haute Masion. This time we had 10 days planned at Villa Kercliff. As we descended the stairs, a female voice called up and said "Hello!" It was Libby! I was so excited to meet her, I gave her a hug. She was just finishing up and wanted to show us around. Just let me say right now, her place is stunning, from the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, pool, hot tub...and the amazing VIEW!
IMG_2305.jpgIMG_2309.jpg

We left and went to MarcheU for supplies and when we returned, the place was empty, it was all ours! Kevin made sure the TV worked, it was College Football Saturday, after all. And I unpacked and made ourselves feel at home, as it was for the next 10 days! We spent the day by the pool, occasionally checking the scores, and enjoying the stunning views.
IMG_2319.jpgIMG_2317.jpgIMG_2326.jpg

Libby had a brand new grill installed and we put it to use with some steaks and potatoes.
IMG_2328.jpg

It was a glorious first day on St. Barth and I'm so thankful God gave us another year to celebrate our marriage and just being alive and in love. I hope you don't get tired of the selfies, I kinda make him do it, and he loves me so much, he smiles.;)

So happy you had such a great stay at on St Barths at Kercliff. Your photos are delightful.

Trip reports are always such great fun . . . seeing & reading travel stories of Forum friends spark the imaginations of all of us! It looks like your trip is (was) off to an auspicious start! More to come?

Great post. And glad to hear you enjoyed a wonderful trip. The look on your husband's face in the Winair picture is priceless!

That is great! Worthy of reading out loud to hubby. Great way to start the day! Thanks!