iPhone 7 underwater camera?

JEK

Senior Insider
Well it is water resistant so a bold person created this 4K video without a case!

Finally, the video above shows the mostly raw video capture in 4K in the same creek water as the still shot above it. The sound it captures when going in and out of water is distracting and the lens cover can easily become obscured by water when you bring your iPhone above the surface, but the results are impressive while you’re submerged and the water is clear. The only editing done here (in iMovie for iPhone) was to lower the audio track to about 20%, add a music track (“Awake” by Tycho), and cut the ending to black. Everything else is raw footage for better or worse.

Very brave. A watcmaker once told me water resistant is NOT waterproof-I would never have thought to try this.

I guess they didn't read what Apple says..

"iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash, water and dust resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

To prevent liquid damage, avoid these:

• Swimming or bathing with iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
  • Exposing iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus to pressurized water or high velocity water, such as when showering, water skiing, wake boarding, surfing, jet skiing, and so on
  • Using iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in a sauna or steam room
  • Intentionally submerging iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in water
  • Operating iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus outside the suggested temperature ranges or in extremely humid conditions
  • Dropping iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus or subjecting it to other impacts
  • Disassembling iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus, including removing screws"

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207043

At least it gives us some sense of security in the event we give our phones an unintentional dip! Don't know though if putting you phone underwater is either 'bold' or 'brave.' Why take the chance with an expensive electronic item- guess just for fun?