Hotels, hotels, hotels . . .

JEK

Senior Insider
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Big news for Le Taïwana. As the luxe properties pass more and more into the hands of international players.

I had heard that the "neighbors" had offered a boat load of money for Hotel Taïwana, and that their offer had been declined. I also heard that they came back with a bigger boat, and had again been declined. I guess they finally found the right size of boat.

VSJ is a 4 Star hotel . . . is that "luxe?"
in the old system there were up to 4 stars then 4 étoiles luxe, which is the equivalent of 5 étoiles now, of which a small number are "palais". so, i guess 4 stars is not luxe or, at least, not de grand luxe.

. . . what's up with the development of the Autor de Rocher site?
My understanding is that thumbs up or down from the Collectivite is awaiting a ruling in a court case that challenged the issuance of a building permit to the prior owner (purportedly David Letterman). If the issuance of a permit to him is found to have been improper, then it seems that a whole new application process -- and much time -- will be required. If the ruling does not invalidate the prior permit, my sense is (sticking a finger into the wind to see how it's blowing) that the pending application will be approved.