Le Barthelemy opening October 1

Peg's Blog - Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa has made its debut

In This Issue...

Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa has made its debut!

Do any of you remember the St. Barth Beach Hotel?

The first time I set foot on St. Barth in 1986, Steve and I stayed in what was called the Grand Cul de Sac Cottages at the St. Barth Beach Hotel. This is where my love affair with the island began. Who would know that I would create St. Barth Properties three years later? The beachfront hotel offered a pool, tennis and the oh-so-delicious restaurant, Le Rivage which was owned by Hervé Chovet. The salads they served were huge and yummy. It was also our first introduction to the island’s now signature Rhum Vanille that is traditionally served in a shot glass after the meal. Several years ago the hotel’s owner, Guy Turbé sold the property and it was demolished. (You can still get that vanilla rum, La Pinta, and some of the signature Le Rivage dishes at Hervé’s Côté Port on Gustavia harbor.)
Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa
After several stops and stops, the beautiful Le Barthélemy Hotel & Spa had a soft opening on October 01, 2016 and officially opens it doors to guests October 15th. We are very pleased to add it to our collection of Preferred Hotels. Boy, is it gorgeous! Its 46 rooms and suites, all with terraces, are exquisitely decorated with comfort in mind. Accommodations at Le Barthélemy include several options: Le Barth Jardin, with their garden views; Le Barth Lac offering lake views; and the ocean view rooms Le Barth Ocean and Lux Ocean Piscine Privée; the latter boasts a heated plunge pool. And the pièce de résistance: the split-level beachfront La Plage Suites. Some rooms connect making it ideal for families with younger children.
One of the stunning rooms at Le Barthélemy
This is a special spot for kids. They love swimming in the lagoon’s warm shallow waters and infinity pool ‒ and the easy access to a wealth of water sports. There’s fun-in-the-sun galore from sand castle contests to kite-flying, but on any given day, family activities like hands-on cooking lessons are agenda choices.
The infinity pool overlooks the lagoon
On an island renowned for its cuisine, Le Barthélemy has the Michelin starred French Chef Guy Martin. The seaside restaurant Le Barth is open for breakfast and lunch. At sunset, it transforms itself into the sophisticated Aux Amis offering Caribbean-inspired French cuisine. There’s always a barista on duty at Le Café and the pool bar Le Turquoise offers snacks to go with beverages of all sorts, including vanilla rum. Chef Martin’s creations can be enjoyed poolside, beachfront, on your private terrace or in your room.
The seaside restaurant
Le Spa at Le Barthélemy is the culmination of a partnership with the world-renowned luxury skincare brand, La Mer. It’s a true oasis that leverages its location and includes a blow-dry bar, hammam (steam room), and a signature rain shower with essential oils experience. Think girlfriends’ getaway.
The hotel is part of the Réserve Naturel of St. Barth committed to protecting the island’s environment so that all can share in its beauty. Having the opportunity to marvel at iguanas, turtles, starfish, and colorful corals is special. That happens here.
Le Barthélemy is part of the Réserve Naturel

Thanks for posting this, Andy. We look forward to trying this new restaurant on our upcoming visit.

"The hotel is part of the Réserve Naturel of St. Barth committed to protecting the island’s environment so that all can share in its beauty." That's an interesting comment. I wonder what they do with waste water on that little spit of land.

They must have a water treatment plant, they absolutely cannot put sewage into the lagoon. But with four hotels (Guanahani, Le Sereno, Les Ondines, Le Barthélemy) and a few villas all in the same small area, one does have to wonder...

Rebuilding the beach -- doesn't appear they are open just yet!

Screen Shot 2016-10-17 at 7.14.01 AM.jpg

14642507_822705311202393_2664516781697965886_n.jpg14650670_822705294535728_7437683449077175478_n.jpg14725698_822705324535725_5217647791789851083_n.jpg14729086_822705287869062_7095420768102751117_n.jpg

I think "they" didn't, but "he" did. Somewhere else.

From their website:

Michelin-starred French Chef Guy Martin

Indulge in French cuisine infused with local Caribbean flavors, meticulously prepared by Chef Guy Martin in a spectacular seaside setting.

don't know if that language is still on their website, but what i find now is this:
"
Dishes created by awarded French Chef Guy Martin will take you on an authentic culinary journey bursting with local flavor that will surely excite your taste-buds. "
Dishes "created by" rather than "prepared by". Big difference.