Buying Beach Chairs

mkunst

SBH Insider
I know the surf shop in St Jean will rent beach chairs, but is there anywhere to buy US style (think Costco Tommy Bahama) beach chairs on the island?

Assuming that if you want to purchase chairs on the island you are thinking of storing them at your villa rental for future trips??? Some villas let you do that....we did the same thing a while back and just purchased Tommy Bahama chairs at Costco at home and checked them on our flight down...

Most villas will have beach chairs for you to use. If in question, ask the villa manager or rental company before you leave or when you check in.

I agree. The house where we usually stay has chairs. This one at Les jardins does not. And, its over Christmas/NYE this trip. I am afraid rentals will not be available.

Shihadehs--I was just going to leave them or give them away. I don't think getting them on the SBH commuter flight will be easy.

Shihadehs--I was just going to leave them or give them away. I don't think getting them on the SBH commuter flight will be easy.

We have checked them through many times, but you can also buy them at a highly inflated cost at the Alma in Gustavia. Tommy Bahama brand. Have seen them at the hardware store by ccpf up on the hill too.

No need to buy if your plan is to not keep them. The shop in St Jean rents Tommy Bahama chairs that are always in great condition. Pockets, cooler pocket, drink/cell holder, etc. They rent them for a really good price - far cheaper than buying.

I agree. The house where we usually stay has chairs. This one at Les jardins does not. And, its over Christmas/NYE this trip. I am afraid rentals will not be available.

Given the circumstances, if it were me, I would visit the shops at CCPF in Public, with Alma in Public as a backup choice.

We have checked them through many times, but you can also buy them at a highly inflated cost at the Alma in Gustavia. Tommy Bahama brand. Have seen them at the hardware store by ccpf up on the hill too.

It was in your chairs we sat last time! Loved your place!:cool:

Last edited:
What about the house wares store down the hill outside of Gustavia, on the way into Town after the Maya's turn off- near the wine store?

As far as I'm concerned, there is only one PITA on this here forum, and believe me when I say that she has earned the title!! :wink2:

Phil