Mountain Top or Sea Level, Which Prefer Ye ?

Yep.....falling asleep to the sounds of waves gently lapping on the shoreline just below you is truly a slice of heaven for us

but some people prefer the hum of an air conditioner...LOL

there is a cute little A-frame house on the beach in Flamands as well, we stayed there once and you are really rolling in the sound of the sea at night... maybe Mr and Mrs Cass would like that one... it's called Rayon du Soleil.. it's listed on various sites and the prices vary.. old school St Barth and right on the beach!

there is a cute little A-frame house on the beach in Flamands as well, we stayed there once and you are really rolling in the sound of the sea at night... maybe Mr and Mrs Cass would like that one... it's called Rayon du Soleil.. it's listed on various sites and the prices vary.. old school St Barth and right on the beach!
We stayed there 2x. The only problem is that it's an A frame and upstairs the bed is under the A and one can hit his (my) head on the frame getting up. The steps going upstairs are really steep too.
We did have a very nice forum party there tho.

Yep.....falling asleep to the sounds of waves gently lapping on the shoreline just below you is truly a slice of heaven for us

but some people prefer the hum of an air conditioner...LOL
I'm trying to identify the precise rhetorical fallacy employed here by our forum friend. You more well educated chaps and chicks help me.
The setup is this: if you don't enjoy falling asleep with your windows open to the sound of lapping waves you must prefer the sound of an A/C system.
At the very least it's a non sequitur. To wit, one can be high atop a morne, far from the lapping waves, naturally cooled by les alizés, and elect to shut the doors and windows to keep out les moustiques et les cambrioleurs, or leave them open and enjoy better breezes than at the shoreline.

You re ( as usual) overanyalizing it ....also know as paralysis by analysis ...

some people prefer the hum of an air conditioner means that...nothing more or less than that....I'm not nearly as smart or complex or sophisticated as many of you in here are .....so when I say something, it has no hidden meaning to look for, therefore my advice is don't waste your time looking for something which isn't there

That's an awfully small demographic sample you re drawing on.....the 20 who read this everyday LOL

oh and BTW down in the low rent district whEre we stay, we have these things called screens so you can keep windows open and not get skeets

We stayed there 2x. The only problem is that it's an A frame and upstairs the bed is under the A and one can hit his (my) head on the frame getting up. The steps going upstairs are really steep too.
We did have a very nice forum party there tho.

And a nice party it indeed was -

Andy - 1.jpg

I'm trying to identify the precise rhetorical fallacy employed here by our forum friend. You more well educated chaps and chicks help me.
The setup is this: if you don't enjoy falling asleep with your windows open to the sound of lapping waves you must prefer the sound of an A/C system.
At the very least it's a non sequitur. To wit, one can be high atop a morne, far from the lapping waves, naturally cooled by les alizés, and elect to shut the doors and windows to keep out les moustiques et les cambrioleurs, or leave them open and enjoy better breezes than at the shoreline.

Don't even try, Cass. :cool::wink2:

I was wondering if Rosemond were behind the camera! Very good shot, Andy . . . it doesn't at all look like you just ran into place!