Mountain Top or Sea Level, Which Prefer Ye ?

cassidain

Senior Insider
Mountain top for Mme Cassidain and myself. What say ye ?
But, an isolated, wind-swept seafront villa with a magnificent view might be the best of both worlds.

Check out Sea Breeze in Lorient. We have stayed there many times and I think you guys would love it. Right on the beach [not swimmable in front of the house], but a 100 yard walk puts you right on Lorient beach. PM me if you want more info.

Phil

We love being up high in the summer we feel the breezes are better and we enjoy the view to the south. But like most things its personal preference and we like our neighbors very much.

In between

3331488006_c7e4cd0519_o.jpg

I DO love the views afforded from up high, but going from my bed first thing in the morning to head under ocean water in 30 seconds just can't be beat! It's a toss up for me.

We like to listen to the waves crash and not be bitten by the mosquitoes- Pte Milou- just off of the windward side- Villa Fregate is perfect for us. A swim in the infinity pool or a brief walk down to Chrisotpher for a massage and lunch at Mango with our feet in the sand.

We like to listen to the waves crash and not be bitten by the mosquitoes- Pte Milou- just off of the windward side- Villa Fregate is perfect for us. A swim in the infinity pool or a brief walk down to Chrisotpher for a massage and lunch at Mango with our feet in the sand.

I wonder if Mrs and Mr "Cass" are in the market for a 4-bedroom house...Here's an idea:

https://www.vrbo.com/3973563ha

charming "cottage" for two, great views and private.. some forum folks stayed their recently and we really liked it when we went to visit....
can also be part of a 5-bedroom complex with the villa next door in case the entire family wants to come...

We enjoy both locales. But, this year we enjoyed the Lurin area so much we decided to stay there for our trip next Spring as well.
IMG_0491.jpg

Interesting note, Ellen, in the vrbo site: "Fees & taxes -- Tax rate . . . 0.15%."

I wonder if it is saying that the tax is 15%? Or, it really means 0.15%? Also, isn't the island tax 5%?

VRBO is infested with agency listings. If you dig a little on this villa, you find an agency, Canada Stays. I wonder if that accounts for the extra 10%?

I wanna see, feel, and smelll the water ......and that's coming from someone who lives on the water 5 months out of the year ...can't get enough of it.....

I wanna see, feel, and smell the water ......and that's coming from someone who loves on the water 5 months out of the year ...can't get enough of it.....

That's why auberge de la petite anse is so perfect, like Rosemond's family home down the street from there, sleep with the windows open and smell and hear the sea....