Camp David now available

andynap

Senior Insider
After staying next door for 4 years I can finally see what Camp David looks like.

Peg's Blog - Spectacular beachfront villa estate on St. Barth now available

In This Issue...

An Expansive Spectacular Beachfront Villa Estate is Now Available on St. Barth

VILLA CAMP DAVID – ST JEAN BEACH
ST. BARTH

Many people want to share a lifetime experience on beautiful St. Barth with family and friends. However, an exceptional villa that is large enough wasn’t an option. Finding one on the beach? Impossible!
– Until Now –
I am delighted to announce that St. Barth Properties is currently offering the – never before on the rental market – very exclusive beachfront villa compound known as Camp David. Those of you who are returning guests pass by the driveway with a small sign pinpointing Camp David each time you head towards Lorient.
Sign and entrance to Camp David
This is where the top of the property’s two-plus acres begins and marvelously stretches all the way down to St. Jean Beach. When you walk along the smaller, quieter side of St. Jean Beach, you see a private roped-off beach area but you cannot see Camp David itself because it is hidden amongst towering palm trees. It’s deliciously private.
Camp David is situated directly on beautiful St. Jean Beach
Imagine being able to stay in a beachfront estate that can accommodate 24 people. With 12 bedrooms, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a gym, you may never want to step foot outside of this magnificent property.
Camp David’s upper swimming pool is located below the main pavilion

The lower pool at Camp David is hidden behind the beach
Looking for places to gather? The compound has multiple outdoor and indoor living areas.
The main house at Camp David has an outdoor living area that overlooks the upper swimming pool

Camp David’s lower swimming pool with outdoor living area is located just behind the beach

The main house at Camp David has an air conditioned indoor living room
Is dining under the stars while listening to the sound of the gentle waves something you would love to do? No problem!
Guests can enjoy outdoor dining by the sea
For more information, have a look at our link to Camp David.
This aerial photo gives you an idea of the layout at Camp David

Thanks for posting I've seen it from above from Villas but these show it much better.

Thanks Andy. We stayed down the beach at SOU a few years ago and I always wondered what Camp David looked like.

Amy, it's listed for rent at $115K/wk in low season, $172.5K/wk in high season, and $402.5K/wk over Christmas (2 week minimum), but you do get 12 bedrooms for those prices.

Amy, it's listed for rent at $115K/wk in low season, $172.5K/wk in high season, and $402.5K/wk over Christmas (2 week minimum), but you do get 12 bedrooms for those prices.

Wozwers! Someone keep track of this around Christmas. I'd love to know if someone dropped $804K on this sucker.

Wow. We stayed at Villa Boo next door a few times and I always wondered what was behind there. Quite the place!

Way back when, we attended a regatta which was raising funds to save the original Camp David. I still have a tee shirt from Regate du Camp. Alas, they were unsuccessful in staving off development since beachfront property is so scarce in St. Barth. And that part of the beach became home to several villas---I didn't realize the Camp David villa was so posh. I guess it would be an over-the-top experience for a large family!

I used to stay at a small villa on the beach -- now known as the Villa where Andy and Phyllis stay! -- when "Camp David" truly was a camp. I think it probably is what Julianne remembers.

There was a small structure for sleeping and a platform with a couple of "picnic" style tables and a little outdoor kitchen. It was very inexpensive lodging for a number of island workers . . . operated by a young, pretty, lithesome blonde woman who watched out -- in a very parental fashion -- for the workers . . . and for me, as we were neighbors, without any fencing or shrubbery between the spaces. If I returned from the beach with a sunburn (a frequent occurrence in those days -- late 70s, early 80s), she would see me and break a fleshy leaf from an aloe plant so as to spread its gel over me. On many occasions, I was invited to eat dinner with her and the crew.

In the meantime, I've also visited in the "new" Camp David . . . as Peg's article and comments here attest, it's quite an extraordinary place -- including a high (probably about 7 feet) iron fence that separates the property from the beach, concealed by thick foliage of tall seagrape ("Coccoloba") bushes.

A rare place on SBH . . . with great memories for me in a simpler world.

I used to stay at a small villa on the beach -- now known as the Villa where Andy and Phyllis stay! -- when "Camp David" truly was a camp. I think it probably is what Julianne remembers.

There was a small structure for sleeping and a platform with a couple of "picnic" style tables and a little outdoor kitchen. It was very inexpensive lodging for a number of island workers . . . operated by a young, pretty, lithesome blonde woman who watched out -- in a very parental fashion -- for the workers . . . and for me, as we were neighbors, without any fencing or shrubbery between the spaces. If I returned from the beach with a sunburn (a frequent occurrence in those days -- late 70s, early 80s), she would see me and break a fleshy leaf from an aloe plant so as to spread its gel over me. On many occasions, I was invited to eat dinner with her and the crew.

In the meantime, I've also visited in the "new" Camp David . . . as Peg's article and comments here attest, it's quite an extraordinary place -- including a high (probably about 7 feet) iron fence that separates the property from the beach, concealed by thick foliage of tall seagrape ("Coccoloba") bushes.

A rare place on SBH . . . with great memories for me in a simpler world.

I also remember the old "camp" (which was not acutally called Camp David until the new owner whose name is David, purchased the property).. it was a real hippie camp under the aegis of an artist Michael Zimmer in those days and was really old shcool St Barth spirit... another family, The Galinsky's (not sure of spelling) had a nice stone house on the beach that was eventually added into the Camp David property and torn down. It had a nice Out Of Africa feeling and I always thought Karen Blixen and Dennis Finch Hatton would appear momentarily....

Ellen . . . you've reminded me -- it used to be called "Le Camp." Do you remember the name of the woman I'm recalling who used to run it?