Best Hamburger and Frites on the Island?

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
We have friends who have been in an endless search for the perfect hamburger (viande hachee?) and frites all over the world. The husband actually sends out reviews of his 'meal' wherever he goes. Needless to say, they probably will never find the perfect burger and fries. They have asked where they should 'seek' on the island in their quest. Please help.

We have loved Manu's frites at Santa Fe but they have probably changed under David. Le Select has a great burger but the fries are very good but maybe not tops. We would probably not send them to Jojo's or would you? Cote Port has very good hamburger and frites as a 'snack'. Anyway, they most likely will not join the Forum but are aware of our inquiry and will peruse this thread. Thanks for your help.

We agree with rivertrash, but add Le Tamarin also. Great burgers for lunch there when the mood strikes!

The Sand Bar has a really good one, at a price of course. The last one we got had the ER logo in poppy seeds on the bun which made it picture worthy, but it also tasted really good. For normal-priced burgers, we like to order from Bouchon and eat them at the villa.

The Sand Bar has a really good one, at a price of course. The last one we got had the ER logo in poppy seeds on the bun which made it picture worthy, but it also tasted really good. For normal-priced burgers, we like to order from Bouchon and eat them at the villa.

Imlove their mahi sandwich that bun. Maybe that's the best "burger" on the island :check2:

I agree that JoJo is better than Le Select for burgers. but my favorite burger these days is Tamarin as noted above... exceptional.

I agree that JoJo is better than Le Select for burgers. but my favorite burger these days is Tamarin as noted above... exceptional.

Isn't every place better than Le Select?!?!??

I think the burger I had a Select years ago cured me from ever ordering another one on the island. :devilish:

(Before I head to bunker to avoid the firestorm, I do understand that the appeal of Select is not the high quality of the food)

image.jpgimage.jpg

Le Select has a great burger but the fries are very good but maybe not tops.

If your friends are burger aficionados, I would be very hesitant to tell them Le Select has a great burger and very good fries. Le Select's burgers are thin frozen American patties that have been compared to the quality of a high school cafeteria. The fries are McCain's which can be found in most American supermarket frozen food aisles. The appeal of Select is captured well above.

If your friends are ever in Cambridge, the Russell House Tavern has an awesome burger.

JoJo Burger has two options and the Angus burger is definitely far superior... and if your friends go to NYC, steer them to Joe Allen's on 46th Street has a really good burger!

JoJo Burger has two options and the Angus burger is definitely far superior... and if your friends go to NYC, steer them to Joe Allen's on 46th Street has a really good burger!

This is awesome!

A SBH resident giving NYC food tips and while a couple of nearly NYC residents (Phil and Amy) regularly give SBH food tips!

Everybody sing now, "It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all......."

Love the Angus JoJo Burger. Best frites are at Grain de Sel, IMHO. So best burger and frites are not at the same place.

Never had a burger while in SBH, but I love Joe Allen's!

Le Select has a great burger??? News to me. I think of its as a crappy burger and fries in a great setting. I'm all aboard with JoJo. I think the quality to price ratio of JoJo is near perfect. Le Piment turns out a fine burger too IMO.

Also, if I am remembering correctly, isn't there a burger delivery outfit on the island? If so has anyone tried it?

I had 1/2 of a hamburger at Le Select once by default waiting for Carnaval to end. Was just OK. The frites at Le Repaire are outstanding.

I've always found Repaire's fries to be limp, but I do like their Angus Burger.

Burger Palace, across from La Poste in Gustavia, is the place which beats refers to. It does takeout, delivery, and has a few small tables. I have not tried them. The menu below is from their FB page:

image.jpeg