Warnings by Scientists Are No Longer Theoretical

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in . . .

14316927_10210604865856637_4197127571812118051_n.jpg

You are 100% right..no one is 100% pure...now let's talk about and compare the level of impurity we.all have and I ll bet you a hundred bucks to your dollar my footprint is far less than anyone in this here thread ....and we have plenty of heat and hot water and creature comforts.....talk is cheap ��......Let's see the walk

Ok, but first let's play a few rounds of "Whose is bigger?"

Ok, but first let's play a few rounds of "Whose is bigger?"

Has nothing to do with whose is bigger......has all to do with those who are talking all flowery and saying the right things while essentially doing next to nothing, as opposed to those who are making sacrifices and actually trying to do something substantial about it all and make a difference on some level

Or the shortened version

do as as I say not as I do ........as opposed to walking the walk

when you get down to it...most won't downsize and do the right things and get rid of archaic items that are not reflective of these times ...it's just much easier to kick the can down the road for whoever is next up.....surely you see that

Fair enough. I agree with what you're saying, but the changes that you or me could make are just a drop in the bucket compared to what happens when the governments (ours and the rest of the world) can do when they mandate more fuel efficient cars or lower emissions from factories.

Plenty of people in this thread and elsewhere are against those changes, because Al Gore travels by plane. Or something like that.

Proposal: "If we pass these laws, your children will have cleaner air, cleaner water and live more healthy lives"
Response: "Never! Al Gore takes plane flights!"

Yep and much of the hypocritical wealthy are the biggest offenders..... instead of setting an example for all to see ,they contribute to worthy causes while their lifestyle works completely against it ......what CYA hypocritical BS

Your re either part of the problem or part of the solution

now excuse me while I walk to work as duty is calling .....

And for the record I think both sides have it right .:...my belief is we are in a natural warming cycle which is being exponentially enhanced by our irresponsible lifestyles and the subsequent results of that lifestyle

And for the record I think both sides have it right .:...my belief is we are in a natural warming cycle which is being exponentially enhanced by our irresponsible lifestyles and the subsequent results of that lifestyle
Tell the Northwest Passage it's a natural warming cycle.

from NPR:
[h=1]50 Years Ago, Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists To Point Blame At Fat[/h]http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20160913

Yep, saw that...and weirdly, it made me think of this:

image.jpeg

Who gains financially if we accept the fact of global warming and look for alternatives to reduce our collective carbon footprint? And who gains if we don't?

Nothing more morally and ideologically pure than " regional environmental groups and community activists". Barry was a community activist wasn't he?

So glad u bought a sailboat.

So glad u bought a sailboat.

Oy...you re like a pimple that won't go away....we ve already had this conversation

So for the umteenth time

i go 20 miles north in May to PTown

i go twenty mile south in October to East dennis

in between the motors don't run at all as the boat doesn't move from the dock ... sooooooooo.....

my total annual fuel consumption is twenty four to thirty gallons depending how fast I go

i am not the problem

however....we had major water restrictions this summer in town and watering lawns as well as washing down boats were illegal....we had signs everywhere in the marina that boats could fill up their water tanks but could not wash down their boats

guess who who violated the rule the most and got yelled at and called out the most ?

not the sailboat dudes....nope...not the working class slob with a modest boat...nope.....but the idiot on his multi million dollar yacht ...yup....
I had a blast calling them out on it....LOL

oh and BTW my boat is completely off grid ....solar panels running batteries running Inverters

Nothing more morally and ideologically pure than " regional environmental groups and community activists". Barry was a community activist wasn't he?

Concentrate on the right side of the chart. Then read about the sugar industry paying off scientists, and the tobacco industry doing the same. Then see if you can make any relationships.

Or just keep calling Obama, Barry. I assume that's an insult, but you really need a better one than that.

"You look at that great big ocean, and you assume it's too big to wreck". He (Barry) has spoken on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.