This season's (2015-2016) Top Restaurants

stbartshopper

Senior Insider
The season is drawing to a close and soon the 16-17 one will begin.
Here is our list of our top eight for this year- please understand we think virtually all are good but some for us stand out more than others so here goes-
1. La Guerite
2. Santa Fe
3. Tamarin
4. L'Espirit
5. Orega
6. Sereno
7. Mayas
8. Toiny

We like Do Brazil, La Langoustine, Eddys, Nikki, Le Plage, Indigo, Black Ginger, L'Isola and Bonito but we put the group above as better in our humble opinion. Would appreciate comments and your picks.
Next year we will see who rises and falls. As always there will be new chefs, owner changes and revamped menus so it is always exciting to taste and experience the new and familiar flavors and dishes, ambiances and hosts.

It's a very interesting topic on many levels . . . principally because one's methodology / standards for "top" are so subjective and vary from person to person. Personally, for example, I go -- year after year -- with Maya's as my "top" choice. I understand, nonetheless, the antipathy of some to the restaurant. But, with a 30+ year friendship with its owners, there is a special bond associated with going there. I also like the food very much!

So many others! In the past two weeks, I've very much enjoyed La Guerite . . . the "new" Santa Fe . . . Le Tamarin (2x) . . . L'Isoletta . . . L'Esprit (2x) . . . Cote Port (2x) . . . The Sand Bar . . . Le Grain de Sel . . . Eddy's (2x) . . . and tonight is Orega. Of course, I have lunch nearly every day at La Gloriette.

I, thus, have many "top" choices . . . and am grateful that I don't need to make a choice among them!

You have been around,my friend. Hard to go hungry on that isle. Keep enjoying. Sending hugs.

It's a very interesting topic on many levels . . . principally because one's methodology / standards for "top" are so subjective and vary from person to person. Personally, for example, I go -- year after year -- with Maya's as my "top" choice. I understand, nonetheless, the antipathy of some to the restaurant.

Hard to explain except that I love the whole of the SBH experience rather than a particular place so for us:

1 -- Maya's to Go (I would be beyond sad if they closed) - lunch and wine (and cheese) at the villa (and leftovers for breakfast with champagne + SBH bread) is my favorite dining memory of 2016. Just perfect in my book.

2 -- Maya's - it just brings many years of wonderful memories and experiences together. One of the first places we ever ate on the island and our best experience from two trips in 2016

Honorable mentions - had a fun lunch at Yo Sushi Mania (great view and fish - will be back), Orega and Tamarin are nice new additions to the island, L'Esprit - pigeon, Eddy's, and L'Isola are also lovely.

Our “new” favorites this year were Carpe Diem, Black Ginger and Orega.
Our “old” favorites were La Gloriette, Tamarin and L’Isola.
Our “time whereof the memory of man runneth not to the contrary” favorite was La Langouste.

Such a little island where so may wonderful places that one can not even experience all of them even in two or three weeks!