Le Repaire moules

Eve

Senior Insider
None this week at Bananiers. And after dinner last night my OCD husband plans to go back as many times as possible over the next week. Any report on Le Repaire mussels?

You should read Le News. From today's issue:

Capture.jpg

We like the small ones. Last time we were there a Frenchman was berating them because they were not good

Eve....a baboon can make mussels good enough to die for.....it's peanut butter and jelly easy.....if a restaurant can't make mussels well, run fast and hard from them cause they sure as hell won't be able to make anything else good LOL

But there are big gross ones and little delicious ones

i scraped a bunch of nice little ones off the bottom of my skiff the other day and when I told Martin that was gong to be dinner he didn't show up...LOL...and they were delicious.....restaurants can request small ones from the distributor but what they get is what the get

The big ones are stuffed usually. In St Martin on Grand Case beach there was a restaurant that made Moules gratinee. Wonderful stuffed mussels. The place blew away with Hurricane Luis unfortunately.

The big ones are stuffed usually. In St Martin on Grand Case beach there was a restaurant that made Moules gratinee. Wonderful stuffed mussels. The place blew away with Hurricane Luis unfortunately.

And Andy had the huge frozen New Zealand variety that were quite tasty for a frozen shellfish from half a world away. YMMV.