AA- last on time

andynap

Senior Insider
American tardy in June
American Airlines, with a hub in Philadelphia, ranked last in on-time flight arrivals among 12 U.S. airlines in June, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics’ latest monthly report. Only 72.4 percent of American flights arrived on time in June. Hawaiian Airlines had the best on-time rate with 91.1 percent of flights on time. Overall, U.S. airlines were on time 78 percent of the time. Flights at Philadelphia International Airport, for all carriers, arrived on time 76.1 percent of the time. The federal government says a flight is on time if it arrives within 14 minutes of schedule. American said it’s June flights were slowed by bad weather.
— Linda Loyd

So we had booked on AA for our trip in November. Our original booked flight from YYZ to SXM went through PHL and arrived at 2:30 pm. We just received notification this week that our flight would now go through MIA and wouldn't arrive on SXM until 3:45 pm. That kind of messes up our Winair flight at 4 pm.

So we scrapped AA altogether, booked UA through EWR and now arrive on SXM at 2:10 pm. Funny thing is that my husband had now built up enough points on UA so flight were free - and AA gave us a full refund. More money to spend on SBH!

So we had booked on AA for our trip in November. Our original booked flight from YYZ to SXM went through PHL and arrived at 2:30 pm. We just received notification this week that our flight would now go through MIA and wouldn't arrive on SXM until 3:45 pm. That kind of messes up our Winair flight at 4 pm.

So we scrapped AA altogether, booked UA through EWR and now arrive on SXM at 2:10 pm. Funny thing is that my husband had now built up enough points on UA so flight were free - and AA gave us a full refund. More money to spend on SBH!

sounds like a win-win...

We are in that same boat, not arriving until 3:45 PM. Not sure what we'll do though...

What are your dates this year? Hoping we overlap.

mb

:up: We have been using UA from EWR for years. Before the merger, Continental.

Mike R has a secret route that always gets him to Le Select by noon. Time travel? Better travel karma? :pray1::cool:

No idea:confused: , it's not happening from PIT.

I can't complain though, b/c it still beats driving 3-4 hours to a major airport. Or having to overnight before flying out.

sounds like a win-win...

It is a win-win Ellen, but we only have a 54 minute connection in EWR. Thank goodness we have mastered the art of carry-on baggage only for our past few trips, but it's still a little tight for my comfort. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly!

It is a win-win Ellen, but we only have a 54 minute connection in EWR. Thank goodness we have mastered the art of carry-on baggage only for our past few trips, but it's still a little tight for my comfort. Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly!

fingers crossed.. you'll make it !