AA- last on time

We are trying for an AA route DFW-CLT-SXM this year. Last year we did DFW-MIA-SXM and AA changed the times on us too. It actually helped me be able to book SBC, but would've been pretty irritating had I already booked the connecting flight.

American just changed our flight down from Philadelphia in November so we now have a very tight connection in San Juan...
gotta love the carry on!!!

Just got an email 2 days ago that AA changed our times from PHL to SXM in February. 30 minutes earlier- no problem. At least they let me know in plenty of time. Now if only this new time holds. :pray1:

Mike R has a secret route that always gets him to Le Select by noon. Time travel? Better travel karma? :pray1::cool:

And once again you twist my words .....on the island for lunch is what I said we do.......which means usually a little after 1..... not 12......never said noon .....and it's very easy to do on a jet blue non stop and no checked bags

I m doing AA in November which gets me in at night in SXM ....NOT IMPRESSED ......the choices suck lately .....

and it's not nice to mock people who are on a budget.......they generally don't appreciate it:wink2:

And once again you twist my words .....on the island for lunch is what I said we do.......which means usually a little after 1..... not 12......never said noon .....and it's very easy to do on a jet blue non stop and no checked bags

I m doing AA in November which gets me in at night in SXM ....NOT IMPRESSED ......the choices suck lately .....

and it's not nice to mock people who are on a budget.......they generally don't appreciate it:wink2:
It seems to me you would get there the same time even with checked bags. I don't think carryon has any more magic to it except less underwear change. :evil:

It seems to me you would get there the same time even with checked bags. I don't think carryon has any more magic to it except less underwear change. :evil:

no thanks ..I d rather by pass ithe friendly welcoming immigration process , packed wth clothes I won't wear and stuff I won't use, providing of course they dont lose my bag, and instead breeze right on through in transit and head right to the gate thank you very much

no thanks ..I d rather by pass ithe friendly welcoming immigration process , packed wth clothes I won't wear and stuff I won't use, providing of course they dont lose my bag, and instead breeze right on through in transit and head right to the gate thank you very much
It no big deal so don't make it one.

You re right It's no big deal and I'm not making it one ....

its only a big deal when you re bags don't make it to the island or you miss your connection due to long lines :cool:

You re right It's no big deal and I'm not making it one ....

its only a big deal when you re bags don't make it to the island or you miss your connection due to long lines :cool:
That hasn't happened to me in 40 years going to SXM or 15 in SBH. Has it happened to you?

BOTH have before I became enlightened LOL

and there have been quite a few posts on here through the years describing that happening as well ..

do a google search on how lost bags are increasing and worse yet stuff is being taken out of checked bags while inspecting

I have nothing but clothes to take in my checked bags . Anyone who puts valuable items in checked bags doesn't travel a lot.

I don't see how an adult can pack enough clothes into a knapsack to last a week.

I have learned from my grandsons the term for this...GOING COMMANDO.

It's great being grandma.

Plenty of underwear.....but you really need a good modern backpack ...they are amazing in their ability to carry so much stuff....it's really very easy....of course i don't wear long pants or fancy shoes etc .......but I get plenty of shorts T shirts, collared shirts, underwear, toiletries etc in my Northface backpack

oh and they stopped calling them knapsacks in the 90s...LOL