Giving August a try

stlcouple

SBH Member
Thanks again to everyone on this forum for consistently answering questions before I even have to ask them.

Our travel day yesterday went smoother than we anticipated. Hardly any traffic in St. Martin meant we made it to Oyster Pond in record time, caught an earlier than planned ferry and ended up in Gustavia at 5:15 instead of 7:15. Thankfully, the villa rep was flexible and got us early and helped get our rental car dropped off early as well--all while we sipped rose at Le Repaire.

We even got in a provisioning run to Marche U last night. So far, my biggest worry is the total abscence of Carib on the store shelves there and at L'Oasis this morning. I hope we haven't stumbled upon a shortage!

The villa, as it often happens, is every bit as nice in person as online.

image.jpeg

Carib? Try Ets. H. Ledee, across from the airport, near the "out" driveway for Marché U. I think that they're open from 8-12 and 2-7 on weekdays, but the hours may now be 8-5 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. I haven't checked lately.

"...caught an earlier ferry(or flight)...." one of the best ways to start a stay on St. B.:cool:

Jo jo market had Carib in early July. Lots of it, too. Hope you find it. I'm not normally a beer drinker, but they are good.

Happily, we found some Carib in Gustavia in the market across the street from the harbor. Thanks for the tips, though. Both options mentioned are closer to us in Vitet than Gustavia is.

We got in some light natural exfoliation at windy Saline on Friday and spent the afternoon poolside before trying Gustav Burger for dinner and harbor views.

Today's St Jean plans are on hold while it rains. Hoping for a clear afternoon since it looks like rain tomorrow.

Rain aside, it's cooler and breezier and generally more pleasant here than it has been at home for a month.

View attachment 38837

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    506.7 KB · Views: 252