sante fe 2.0

soyabeans

Senior Insider
we had the opportunity to have lunch at the "new Sante fe" yesterday

I don't know if Monday was a special day but Carole and I were the only tourists
in the restaurant
the menu has changed and David told us that they are still in refinement stage
Carole had the lobster club, large chunks of meat and little mayonnaise
I had one of the specials, gnocchi with sweet breads, could have been
one of the best choices, everything was perfectly prepared.
the new Sante Fe is definitely one not to be missed.
We wish David and Maude all the very best

Quote: "gnocchi with sweet breads"

Unusual. I would never have put those 2 together. What kind of sauce?? Brown butter?

There were quite a few locals when I had lunch there last week and I think they are off to a good start.

The staff is all new. We've been there a couple of times and I agree with Henry. They are refining the menu and looking to put their mark on the place. Sante Fe 2.0 is a perfect description, and they are definitely moving in the right direction.

Phil

For the moment, Nadine is at La Gloriette & may return after her vacation . . . she seems to have "options," as one would expect -- knowing what a great job she does in serving & watching-out for guests.

She is a hard worker with a winning personality. I am glad Nadine is staying on St Barths.

Quote: "gnocchi with sweet breads"

Unusual. I would never have put those 2 together. What kind of sauce?? Brown butter?
A cursory Internet-based research reveals numerous examples of gnocchi accompanying ris de veau. Including one-Michelin-starred L'Atlantide in Nantes.

A cursory Internet-based research reveals numerous examples of gnocchi accompanying ris de veau. Including one-Michelin-starred L'Atlantide in Nantes.

I said I wouldn't have put those 2 together- forget how labor intensive either of those ingredients are. It doesn't matter to me what restaurant in France does.