A bientot . . . not au revoir.

cec1

Senior Insider
It’s a bittersweet announcement that I write to tell Forum friends that Wendy and I signed a contract last week for sale of The Normandie. Despite rumors of many years, the Hotel never has been listed for sale. The nature of change on the island, however, has brought many people to us with an interest in buying it.

We now have accepted an offer from “CG Capital,” a French company with other SBH properties, represented by M. Jean-Marc ISRAEL. Jean-Marc is a gentleman, with whom it has been a great pleasure to come to agreement.

Plans are for completion of the transaction in mid-January. Meanwhile, Wendy and I continue as propriétaires at the Hotel and are looking forward to several celebrations in coming months, as we have enjoyed in our near-decade at The Normandie. We hope that you will be able to join us as we do so.

The Hotel, as many of you know, is rated #1 on TripAdvisor and has been named “The Best B&B in the Caribbean” in a poll of Caribbean Travel and Life readers. Much of its reputation for excellence is owing to our long-time Manager, Eula Prada. In this regard, I’m happy to say that Eula will stay with The Normandie. Reservations are being accepted through the 2016 – 2017 season.

Our story of acquiring, renovating, owning, and operating the Hotel began in 1978. On our first visit. I stopped our Moke during a tour around the island and, pointing to a slightly dilapidated, bougainvillea-covered hotel, said to Wendy – “Some day, someone will do something with that place.” Years passed, and thoughts of its potential were never far from my mind or lips. As a result, when its elderly owners decided to sell, an island friend immediately contacted me to say, “Your chance has come!”

Visiting St. Barths for the first time . . . coming to know you and many people on the island . . . and coming to own “La Normandie,” as it formerly was known . . . unquestionably changed the course of life for Wendy and me. A wonderful change: Incredible times, many great new friends, and countless memories.

Thank you for your friendship and support of the Fantasy. Unlike for Norman Paperman, however, the Carnival isn’t at an end. We are spending more time on the island, and after January, “wine hour” moves from The Normandie to Villa Case et Cuisine!

Best wishes ! We loved having a happy hour at CEC with you a couple of years ago and wish you the best!
Karen

Congratulations on the change of ownership! Sounds like your baby will be in good hands and hopefully you and Wendy will have visitation rights!
Looking forward to the documentation of all those à bientôt parties and the first wine hour at Villa Case et Cuisine!:up:

Dennis--So very happy for you and Wendy! Turning your labor of love over to a new owner must evoke mixed feelings--glad you are passing the baton to someone who appreciates your little gem. Now Wendy can focus her considerable decorating and painting talents upon Case et Cuisine! Congratulations and warm wishes for much happiness and serene hours of relaxation.

Congrats Dennis and Wendy. You have lived your dream, and I'm sure will continue to do so as you move into the next stage of your lives, which, I have a feeling, will include even more time spent on our favorite Island. Amy and I hope to be there with you.

Phil

Dennis, you and Wendy not only restored La Normandie to it's former glory, but you took it to a grander new level. Congratulations on your accomplishments there, and the good times enjoyed by both your hotel guests, and by the friends who you invited for various events. And congratulations on the sale, which will take La Normandie to the next chapter in its life.

Does this mean that Wendy can now retire from her side job as a painter, or does she just cut back to painting the villa?

Wow. A shock but happy for you and Wendy. So many happy times around the bar and pool with a glass of wine with new and old friends. We are booked for the end of February and would really be disappointed if we didn't see both of you. Phyllis sends her regards too.
BTW- Kevin's remark reminds me of the first time I visited The Normandie. Wendy greeted us with a paint brush in her hand.

Dennis, all the very best as you start a new St Barts chapter. We sent many guests to the Normandie and they could not have been happier with their St Barts visit.
All the very best

Wow. A shock but happy for you and Wendy. So many happy times around the bar and pool with a glass of wine with new and old friends. We are booked for the end of February and would really be disappointed if we didn't see both of you. Phyllis sends her regards too.
BTW- Kevin's remark reminds me of the first time I visited The Normandie. Wendy greeted us with a paint brush in her hand.

Could this be the Wendy you're referring to?

P1030092.JPG

Congratulations to you and Wendy, Dennis! What a wonderful success story! You truly have made your dreams come true. Gary and I wish you all the best as you continue living the dream!

Congrats Dennis, to you and your bride! Wishing you many more blissful, relaxing years on the island, with many more wine hours! Hope to see you in November .....

Dennis, you and Wendy did a marvelous job with The Normandie - from start to finish. It was a delightful place to stay and a wonderful venue for a "wine event" - we enjoyed both many times. Wishing you both all the best in your new adventures. I'm sure there is a paint brush in there some place!

Dennis and Wendy I know you are excited to now be able to enjoy the island again without having to worry about a business. You may even need a smaller office at lunch. Cheers.

Bittersweet news, indeed. I wish the new ownership and Eula much continued success! I look forward to reading more posts from you filled with languorous toes-in-the-sand lunches that include you BOTH! Congratulations on this new chapter, friend.