Tranquility hiccup

rodndonna

SBH Insider
As a parent of pre-teen girls I am fortunate enough to have the God given ability to be completely oblivious to my surroundings at various opportune times. My wife, on the other hand, does not. Anyway, as I wrote previously, this vacation has been incredibly tranquil and relaxing, that is until last evening. I was lying by the pool sucking up the last minutes of sunshine when I became vaguely aware of a disturbance in the pool. After the disturbance continued for a few more minutes I focused in a little just to make sure there was nothing life threatening that would require some action on my part. The wife was safely cocooned in our bedroom. My focus revealed that the situation could continue to be safely ignored. The Big One: C"mon Sissy. Play colors with me. Don't be a baby. The Little One: I hate colors. It's a stupid game. You never play what I want to play. The BO: I hate you. At that point I began to slip blissfully back into oblivion. About 30 minutes or so later I became vaguely aware of something or someone hovering above me. The Big One; Daddy? Daddy? Can you hear me? Daddy? Me: Huh? The BO: Daddy? Are you deaf? Me: What is it honey? The BO: She hit me. Me looking for signs of visible trauma: Don't hit your sister dear. The BO: That's it. Your not going to punish her? Me: Would you like to be punished every time you hit your sister? The BO: silence. As I tried to drift back into a semi coma the nonstop bickering continued and was actually impacting my zoning out abilities. I realized that drastic action needed to be taken. I would have to get up off of my lounge chair. I slowly rose to my feet and walked to the edge of the pool with my back to the girls. They quickly realized this, united and joined forces to push Daddy into the pool. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made but peace and tranquility was finally restored. On a St Bart's note, Orega! Oh my gosh! I think it's our new favorite restaurant. You have to try this place. I had the foie gras appetizer. I usually can't remember what I had last night but if you ask me 5 years from now I will remember that foie gras. It was better than the foie gras at Tamarin and that was amazing. Time for a dip in the pool. Another gloriously peaceful day awaits. Hopefully.

If you didn't have the Yuzu Tart for dessert, and if you like lemon, go back and try it. You may remember that in five years too.

[MAPS][/MAPS]A pleasure seeing you and your family ensconced at Orega and enjoying the people, the food,and the ambiance.

You are raising two charming and Personable daughters. As for me, I have no clue who the two girls might have been that you caught using your pool yesterday.

See you at the gathering tomorrow.

Ahhhh....the joy of rearing two girls. I know it well. It sometimes will still bring a twitch to my left eye!

All these wonderful Orega reviews have me anxious to give it a try later this year. Thanks for the head's up about the foie gras.

A pleasure seeing you and your family ensconced at Orega and enjoying the people, the food,and the ambiance.

You are raising two charming and Personable daughters. As for me, I have no clue who the two girls might have been that you caught using your pool yesterday.

See you at the gathering tomorrow.
Thanks Amy. So nice seeing you as well. What a coup. Phil, Amy, Dennis and Manu all at one table. Talk about a St Bart's "Fantastic Four". Yes as for the pool trespassers, they were dispatched and the authorities notified.

Ahhhh....the joy of rearing two girls. I know it well. It sometimes will still bring a twitch to my left eye!

All these wonderful Orega reviews have me anxious to give it a try later this year. Thanks for the head's up about the foie gras.
You are going to love this place Missy.