Aaaaahhhhh

rodndonna

SBH Insider
It's the feeling we all get when you finally step off the plane and arrive back on this amazing island. Sometimes it's audible. The little one: What? Me: What what? LO: That noise you just made. Me: Huh? LO: You made a noise. Like a grunt or something or like you were gasping for air. Me: Oh. You mean this? Aaaaahhh. LO: Yes. That. Me: That's just an expression of how happy I am to be back on the island. It's like a release of any stress that I was feeling. Like when you had a bad day at school and you finally come home and get to play with your doll. LO: Oh. Aaaaahhhh. We were all a little nervous about taking a 2 week vacation with just the 4 of us. We always seem to travel with quite an entourage. Granny, mom-mom, Aunt Val, Daughter, etc. Always fun, or at least interesting, to travel with a lot of different personalities. For various reasons, or none at all in some cases, it was just the wife and kids this trip for better or worse, and I think we all feared the worst. The big one: You mean I have to spend two weeks alone with just you guys? Me: Right back at you kid. It was to the point that we were practically begging anyone else to come with us. I was offering free airfare, discounted villa prices, free breakfast. Anything to avoid the prospect of being alone for 2 weeks. I felt like a discount travel agency, like Cheap Carribean or something. Anyway, eventually it became clear that no one else was coming along and that we were just going to have to make the best of it. I will keep you posted on how that's working out. Right now my hammock is calling me.

I know that Ahhhhh I feel it when we touch ground. Glad you made it safely and you will be harder to spot with your small group this year. See you soon

Thanks guys. So good to be back. Hopefully we will see you all before Wed. Not sure what's up today but we will definitely be at Nikki tomorrow.