Sublime Sunday at Fantastic Flamands

darlu

SBH Insider
What a super day. The weather was perfect. We awoke late. Drove to Baie Des Anges and arranged lunch. Lucie got a lounger on the beach in the shade. I was in the water for hours and hours.

baie de anges.JPG
flamands.jpg
Wonderful lunch at La Langouiste. Brought back memories as we had stayed here before some years ago. Mojitos were a pleasant surprise with an abundance of mint. Lucie was excited to have lobster bisque (she remembered loving this before) but when she heard about the traditional creole platter, she had to get it. I had the traditional chicken creole platter which was wonderful.

mojitos.JPG
chicken creole.JPG

Afternoon bottle of Riesling.

Sunday night dinner at Cote Port by the water. Great Charcuterie plate. Excellent flank steak and frites for me; goat cheese salad with shrimp for Lucie. Winner. (sorry about the double goat cheese pic - some editing problems)

Attachments

• creole platter.JPG
    creole platter.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 660
  • charcuterie.JPG
    charcuterie.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 656
  • goat cheese salad with shrimp.JPG
    goat cheese salad with shrimp.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 655
  • goat cheese salad with shrimp.JPG
    goat cheese salad with shrimp.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 657
We rediscovered Langouste with Kimberly and Kona in March and had a wonderful lunch there.

We so enjoy Flamands and Langouste as well. Enjoying all your posts and pics...keep them coming!

Absolutely love La Langouste. On our rotation every trip. Enjoyable to watch the lobster tank full of big guys waiting to be plucked. Owner is extremely friendly and service is always attentive. Love the Mojito's as well.

Lobster 3-ways
La Langouste Lobster 3-Ways 11-21-15.jpg

Lobster Pasta
La Langouste Lobster Pasta 6-10-16.jpg

we have been eating at La Langouste for many years,it is always a fun place to eat
and Benjamin and staff are always ready to please...and the lobster pasta is a winner

If you have lunch there you can use their loungers for the day? They are so nice I can't imagine they would care.

You are correct - we were told we could use the loungers and the pool. We made our reservation and then took a lounger at the beach and used a beach palapa also. Wonderful afternoon in Flamands with a yummy lunch.

Lunch at La Longouste was our first meal, first day on the Island. Creamed sweetbreads with morrels, far out. We make two visits each year, one beach lunch and one dinner. The food never fails and the staff is the best.

Lunch at La Longouste was our first meal on island many years ago. Fond memories. Always a joy to visit and always delicious.

The best Dover sole of this trip. Friendly staff and host too. Convenient parking another plus. A good lunch or dinner destination.

Beside all the scrumptious food, I found my replacement for myLa Langouste Dessert 11-3-16.jpg missing banana split from Santa Fe.