Super Saturday

darlu

SBH Insider
Started the morning doing our old routine which we had not yet done this trip - bakery run for morning almond croissant, with an afternoon sandwich. Crab was gone for Lucie, but the jambon and cheese was a delight. Then headed out to my favorite beach - gouvernor. Lucie read in the shade and enjoyed the water with me for a bit. I stayed in the water for hours. Met a lovely couple on their first trip from Chicago. Pretty wavy but wonderful. Gouvernor 1.jpg
Darin at Gouvernor.jpgGouvernor 2.jpg
Enjoyed the afternoon back at Ptit Morne. Did our first visit to the lookout and took some nice pictures. Swam a bit.

lookout.JPG
lookout selfie.JPG

Got ready for our first meal at Tamarin. How romantic. How welcoming. How wonderful. We were warmly greeted and chose to sit in the garden.

Edgar the duck walked over to the table immediately before we had any bread or something to share. Lucie was crestfallen not to share something with her newest friend.

Lucie started with the lentil salad with duck confit (sorry Edgar). Didn't post the picture because we took it after eating most all of the duck.

I got the duck (sorry again Edgar) and Lucie got the prawns. Both were superb! Finished off with the Profiteroles which were very nicely presented and prepared.

duck.JPG
prawns.JPG
profiteroles.JPG

Thanks to this forum for turning us on to such a winning dinner meal. Cannot wait to visit again in the future!

I usually skim right past the Lentil and Duck Salad on the menu in favor of a shared appetizer of Pan con Tomate with Iberico ham. I love both Lentils and Duck, and your posts (Darlu and Dennis) may convince me to broaden my menu horizons on my next visit.

Alas, Kevin . . . no lunch at Tamarin 'til October!

Last August / early September, I was a regular lunch-goer there during the annual closing of La Gloriette. On its last open day, Paco et al., cheerfully served me lunch as they tied-up chandeliers &, generally, "battened down the hatches" in anticipation of a threatened hurricane (which decayed to be a Tropical Storm). My offers to assist were humorously declined as they served lentils & duck . . . profiteroles . . . refreshed my wine . . . and brought an unsolicited Grand Mariner & cigar! Kudos to Julie & Paco for the great "style" they've brought to the SBH dining scene!

Dennis, Since the first day that I dined at the new Tamarin I've been certain that it will be a notable part of my Saint Barth life for years to come. I don't spend as much time on-island as you do, but I'm building my relationship with the Tamarin staff. Paco and Julie are easy, as they take the reservations and greet every guest - a phone call, an online reservation, or a date and time scribbled on the back of a calling card and handed to them all work. I miss their original sommelier, a woman who has left the island, but who turned me on to their Jean-Marc Morey Chassagne Montrachet before she did so. The remaining waitstaff, their new arrivals, the bartender, and the valet parker have all been excellent, and have been great to work with.

I'll be back. Regularly.

Adrian . . . perhaps the best-ever valet, anywhere!

Agreed. And the father of twins, which requires much discussion with my bride, who is also a twin, on every visit. I could die of thirst while they talk....

I also vote him the the nicest and most efficient island valet parker.

From beginning to end, Tamarin proves to be a perfect spot for wonderful dining.

I'm happy Tamarin met your expectations, DarLu. It sounds like this St Barth trip will be one for the ages! You two have enjoyed SO much of what that tiny island has to offer. Great photograph of you two at the Colombier Lookout, by the way! Just like I remember...!