Day 5 on the island

Karen

Senior Insider
Well, it really doesn't take more that 30 minutes or less to settle in and get in that island mode. We were determined to try some new things on our 9th trip....we have succeeded in some areas, but we have more time to perfect it. I can't say enough great things about Vincent with Premium IV, but he is awesome. Can I get throught St. Marteen on my own? Well, sure, but I dont want to be bothered. It's my end of school present to myself and my husband. I am usually a huge planner ( our clothes were picked out and, yes, ironed, 4 days ahead) with restaurant reservations made online a week or so in advance. It really makes my husband cringe that I do this, so I decided to scrap some restos and gave him a pick. So far, so good! We started the first night with Manu and forum members at Santa Fe for the closing evening. What a great choice that was! It was great to see many familiar faces and meet some new ones. Dinner was fab and the company was equally as enjoyable. Always nice to meet new people. We headed to Gloriette for dinner on Thursday, where we ran into the BBT's..always a nice chat. i love to hear about their island knowledge! The next day...wait for it...we had lunch with chairs (my fave) at Gloriette. Yum! We were going to have my leftover pizza for dinner, but here is where DH said...he wanted tapas at Le Piment. Done. So good. Great choice! Lunch at Cantina is always good and we were the only English speaking people in there, no problem. We love that place. Today we will meet The TiPunch family and the BBT's again. Our mornings are soooo boring....we start off with coffee then drive to Gustavia and walk for an hour. While here, I was determined NOT to go see John and Krissy at Gems as she has my husband wrapped around her little finger. Alas, I pulled too hard on my black pearl earring that we bought from them years ago, so we went in to have it fixed. No big deal, but she talked him into a bauble for me...it is now being sized as I type. She's a great saleslady! Ahh, St. Barth. Such friendly people and relaxation.

You all are always such a pleasure to spend time with. I am glad it's going so great see you in a bit. We just ran into Jeff and Kelly at Carpe Diem while having lunch with Ellen and Rosemomd. we got a chance to catch up,with them. We also got to visit with Jeff at Casa Habana yesterday.

You all are always such a pleasure to spend time with. I am glad it's going so great see you in a bit. We just ran into Jeff and Kelly at Carpe Diem while having lunch with Ellen and Rosemomd. we got a chance to catch up,with them. We also got to visit with Jeff at Casa Habana yesterday.
Can't wait!!!

Congrats on the broken earring, uh...I mean, the new bauble. (wink wink) Sounds like you've found the perfect St Barth rhythm, Karen! Enjoy.

We have problems with our credit cards every time we see John and Chrissy! (LOL) and have lots of wonderful things to show for those visits! Have you ever going out fishing with John?

We have problems with our credit cards every time we see John and Chrissy! (LOL) and have lots of wonderful things to show for those visits! Have you ever going out fishing with John?

He mentioned it once, but it hasn't happened. My husband would love it! Have you?

He has asked us numerous times but we have not. He has told us he has a small boat and goes way out and we need to be prepared for some rough seas so we have deferred.