Tamarin

BBT

Senior Insider
After years of having no dining decisions to make since we would just get in the car and head to Santa Fe. We have struggled each night on where to go. Since we have had so many wonderful meals at Tamarin we decided we would go there. They continue to knock the ball out of the park. As I told Paco last night with Santa Fe closed we have to find a new go to place. After studying the menus we decided on the Côte De Boeuf, Frites Maison et Salade Verte for 2. Admittedly the beef was by far the best we have ever had on island it was about 2" thick and served with the bone but cut off the bone cooked perfectly to medium rare and presented beautifully. The was far more than we could eat. It rivaled any of NYs finest steakhouses. The Frites were wasted on is as we usually don't eat them but a quick tasting did tell me they were very good. After cocktails we chose a bottle of the Domaine Faiveley Mercurey Clois des Myglands we wanted a red that was not too heavy and it fit the bill perfectly. We were one of the the first 4-5 tables to arrive at 8 and by 8:45 the Resturant was full. Service was was excellent the Resturant was full and Paco and Julie were moving quickly throughout the whole evening. When we left at 10:45 there were still several tables of diners enjoying themselves. I am happy they are so successful. Paco says they will reopen for lunch in October. Most likely this will become one of 2-3 regulars on the dining rotation when the Tuna is not available.

Good choice! Tamarin is in our regular rotation, and will likely go into heavier rotation.

. . . Paco and Julie were moving quickly throughout the whole evening.
Definitely an image of being at Le Tamarin . . . they're very committed & hard working proprietors, & it's serving them very well.

Few weeks ago we went there twice during our week stay. Very good! Love the duck, the live one that is :)

Love the duck, the live one that is :)

Edgar The Duck, from Tamarin's Instagram page.

image.jpeg

We love Tamarin now too. Sante Fe was our go to anniversary dinner spot and this year we're debating between Tamarin and Orega, it opened the day after we left on our last visit and we can't wait to try it. The food and atmosphere at Tamarin are wonderful, but the hospitality and graciousness of the owners is what will keep us coming back. We wish them continued success.

Edgar does not eat the olives the garlic gives him indigestion, he loves frites and bread

Good to know what ducks prefer and amazing that they are a couple of my favorite things too!

Agree with all the comments. Tamarin has moved to the top of our list-it raises the bar for service, atmosphere and food. They prepare food as a customer requests it, unlike some other restaurants that decide they know what is best! Paco and Julie have a winning formula at Tamarin.