Allez, Allez. Le Grand Départ Aujourd'hui

cassidain

Senior Insider
Don't know if the bars will have coverage on or not.

13466284_1036083346441044_1214672239330452349_n.jpg

This map shows some of our Bucket List stops. Always something to look forward to. Enjoy.

we watch on our laptops! addicted, Tim where are you?

I didn't even know today was the start; thanks for the reminder. Other than the gorgeous French scenery in an area I've not visited, it appears all the action was in the last few kilometers. I'll start taping it now even though I doubt there will be any US racers in contention. I hope to be proven wrong....

I didn't even know today was the start; thanks for the reminder. Other than the gorgeous French scenery in an area I've not visited, it appears all the action was in the last few kilometers. I'll start taping it now even though I doubt there will be any US racers in contention. I hope to be proven wrong....

Tim, I loved it when you were here in July and we watched at Bruno's house... this year Rosemond is for Quintana, I'll go for Froome again...

Cass, do you have a favorite?

Froomie probably is not to be denied if he stays healthy, but should be a battle royale between him, Contador, Quintana, and maybe Richie Porte.
Was blown away by Cav's performance yesterday after be totally thwarted by younger guys last tour.

764322-mark-cavendish.jpg

We used to be glued to the Tour until it was evident of all of the doping going on. C'est la vie- it is virtually in all sports!

One of the points that you'll see along the route -- not far from Utah Beach -- is the spot, St. Mere Eglise, where my Dad landed in the nighttime hours before the D-Day amphibious landing began. He was part of a group assigned to secure a strategically important bridge. The mission was successful, though a great loss of life was suffered among the paratroopers in this early part of the Invasion. I can't help but imagine cyclists crossing that bridge today.