Third Day is a Charm at Christopher

darlu

SBH Insider
Back to a favorite old haunt at Christopher for a splendid spa day. The staff at the pool, Mango and the spa were super. Immediately got set up with a million bright orange towels on a day bed in the shade. Pool, breeze and view were great. Very nice lunch at Mango. Still thinking about my chocolate mousse dessert because it had a great caramel inside of it. We both thought the spa treatments were amazing. Perhaps the best part was the outdoor shower at the top of the cliff outside our spa treatment rooms - worth the price of admission alone. A rather large iguana named either Oscar or Escargot came up to Lucie for a surprise cuddle - we have a picture upon request. Had a wonderful very late afternoon wine, cheese, fruit, etc. platter back on our deck with a super breeze. Went out for a later night dinner at Eddy's. Thought back to our last dinner here 3 years ago with Missy after we enjoyed cocktails at the Goose. Had dessert when we probably shouldn't have. Unbeatable day. darin.JPGLucie.JPGEddys.jpgview.JPGbeauty.JPGmousse.JPG

You both look so relaxed and content-well done.

I would like to see your iguana photo,please.

Ahhhh.....I'm chillin' right along with y'all. This report is just dreamy. I DO remember that sunset cocktail and dinner very well, friends. Eddy's is a great place to cultivate new friendships. I look forward to doing it again someday...assuming the Gustaf reopens in my lifetime. So....where's this Oscar/Escargot/Lucie photo...? THIS, I gotta see!

BTW, Darin...your photo posting skills are superb!

...assuming the Gustaf reopens in my lifetime...
Aiming for 2018, I understand . . . after major renovations (including, I've been told, an "inclined lift" to carry guests and visitors between the lobby / restaurant and rooms on the terraces below).

Aiming for 2018, I understand . . . after major renovations (including, I've been told, an "inclined lift" to carry guests and visitors between the lobby / restaurant and rooms on the terraces below).

Wow...nice to hear! Not sure about the lift, however. How will that fare in the salty air? In any event, I'm happy to know that the view of all views will once again be available. Now...will they lure Jacky Bertrand back to the bar? ;)

This Iguana came to visit Lucie. Others gave him a rub by the ears like a dog. No such luck by Lucie!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 507
Mango for lunch in the sand, a swim in the pool, a couples massage seaside and dinner at le Taino- a perfect day in paradise!

I'm with you, Lucie....I'll look but I will not touch. Eeeeeek!
. We are staying at the Christopher in 6 weeks and I honestly get heart palpitations whenever I see a picture of that thing. I will die if I see it.

That tiny little thing? You should never have lunch outside at the Cheval Blanc then. Iggy Pop would probably send you into orbit.

Hint...they like to be scratched under their chins. A move I was encouraged to try by the beach staff at
Cheval Blanc

Hint...they like to be scratched under their chins. A move I was encouraged to try by the beach staff at
Cheval Blanc[/QUOTE

There's a big iguana at Grain de Sel too. It's very friendly, and really likes frites. I think it is hilarious when people get upset about it. (two years ago there was a woman who nearly had some kind of attack when the iguana came up on the deck near her).

The pool boys move quick to address any concerns. And Amy is indeed correct - we saw others scratching him by the neck just like a puppy and the iguana leaned in to enjoy the scratching. Cannot wait to hear about your Christopher experience - we love it there.

Most fab place on the island - have never stayed here as that might be dangerous to my psyche. Love the Chris!