Spa Day Splurge at Le Guanahani

darlu

SBH Insider
turtle.JPGbeach guanahani.JPGView attachment 38512

Met Tania at Petit Morne - she was quite lovely. Gave us a quick tour of the Moon Suite. Liked the furnishings better than our deluxe room but our room 14 is higher up with superb breezes and quiet. Arrived at Guanahani around 10:15 or so. Got a locker and robe and spent some quiet time at the spa pool - only folks there. Then went down to the beach and got set up beautifully. Breeze just could not be beat. Big three course lunch. Lucie had the ceviche, octopus then a raspberry sorbet parfait. Lucie was obsessed with this dessert and highly recommends it. I had a great pizza with ham, cheese, arugula and truffle oil, followed by a beef filet and fries, and the warm chocolate cake. Oh, I forgot to mention the welcome cocktail for me and bubbly for Lucie, but hopefully the picture worked (and hopefully JEK can rotate one of my pictures or you can turn your device because I cannot fix it). More rest at the beach, followed by superb massages. Refreshing shower afterwards. Left with nice beach bags and towels as part of the package. After all of that food what did we do - went to Marche. Nice bottle of wine, small pastries and delicious bacon flavored potato chips. Perfection. Plan on Christopher Day Pass tomorrow as we've stayed their twice before (only place we have ever stayed at more than once anywhere) and miss it. Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

Attachments

• sundae.jpg
    sundae.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 200
OMG, I'm obsessed by that dessert as well! Love your report...especially the pictures. Keep it coming.

darlu -- quick tip for you. Either shoot in landscape, or if you shoot in portrait, just edit and crop the image a tiny bit before you try to post and it will work perfectly!

View attachment 38508View attachment 38509View attachment 38512

Met Tania at Petit Morne - she was quite lovely. Gave us a quick tour of the Moon Suite. Liked the furnishings better than our deluxe room but our room 14 is higher up with superb breezes and quiet. Arrived at Guanahani around 10:15 or so. Got a locker and robe and spent some quiet time at the spa pool - only folks there. Then went down to the beach and got set up beautifully. Breeze just could not be beat. Big three course lunch. Lucie had the ceviche, octopus then a raspberry sorbet parfait. Lucie was obsessed with this dessert and highly recommends it. I had a great pizza with ham, cheese, arugula and truffle oil, followed by a beef filet and fries, and the warm chocolate cake. Oh, I forgot to mention the welcome cocktail for me and bubbly for Lucie, but hopefully the picture worked (and hopefully JEK can rotate one of my pictures or you can turn your device because I cannot fix it). More rest at the beach, followed by superb massages. Refreshing shower afterwards. Left with nice beach bags and towels as part of the package. After all of that food what did we do - went to Marche. Nice bottle of wine, small pastries and delicious bacon flavored potato chips. Perfection. Plan on Christopher Day Pass tomorrow as we've stayed their twice before (only place we have ever stayed at more than once anywhere) and miss it. Thanks for your thoughts and comments.

We too have stayed at the Christopher twice. Have a fun day there, and the massages are great there too!

This sounds like the perfect way to spend an afternoon. LMJ introduced me to Le Guanahani a few years back and I am so thankful. While we toured the Spa, I've never taken advantage of the services. Lunch on that property, with that view, experiencing that level of service was delightful. I'm so happy you got to experience it. Looking forward to hearing how The Christopher lived up to your past experiences. (By the way, thanks AGAIN for giving me the grand tour back in 2014.)