Perfect Travel Day and First Evening

darlu

SBH Insider
So anxious for our first trip back in three years. Excellent flights from Baltimore to Charlotte to SXM and SBH. Great rental car from Turbe. Very short pickup of essentials from Match. Arrived for our first visit to Le Petit Morne. Stunning views and elegant simplicity. Quick dip in pool followed by R & R, cheese, bread, fruit, ham and bubbly. Arrived for Manu's last night at Santa Fe. He could not have been more gracious. The meal was as splendid as ever. They brought out bubbly and escargot to celebrate his last night. Because of this forum we decided to try the tomato tart because we never had it before - a delight. Lucie was sad to miss the lobster thermidor, but she thoroughly enjoyed the dover sole. I always get the lamb or coq au vin, so I tried the duck and it was perfect. Couldn't leave without a warm chocolate fondant. Manu had a signed menu as a sweet token or reminder. Sorry Missy - no room for the profiteroles - crazy right? Amy came over to say hello - so sweet and friendly. We met other forum members from Richmond whom we met prior at the DC get together dinner in Old Town Alexandria in 2013. We hope to learn of Manu's next venture in France and visit someday. While we are not prolific posters online, we just had to post since Amy doesn't think we will. What a super start to our long anticipated vacation. (Darin and Lucie)

Great to read of your smooth travel to SBH . . . the ease with which you have moved into being on the island . . . and, of course, the festive last dinner at Manu's "Santa Fe!" Now that you've started posting about this trip, don't stop . . . keep us along on your visit!

Great running into you tonight. I am thrilled to see you posted..welcome aboard! Admit it,it wasn't really hard to do,right?

Counting the Darlus, who I unfortunatly did not meet, more than half of the restaurant patrons tonight were SBHOnline members.

Great day one report, Darin and Lucie. So happy to know y'all are on island and were able to experience Manu's last night at the helm of Santa Fe. It sounds like he was sent off with a room full of love. Now, don't be shy....keep Amy proud...feel free to post again. I'd sure love to see some photographs from one of my favorite on-island perches, P'Tit Morne.

Counting the Darlus, who I unfortunatly did not meet, more than half of the restaurant patrons tonight were SBHOnline members.
Kevin and Kate safe travels nice to see you again and enjoyed our visit. Again thanks for all you do on the forum. From things I hear more changes are coming. Emanuel was so touched so many came. He capped reservations at 25 so he could do it perfectly and he did. A great blowout. What a way to leave at the the top of his game.

Trying to post a picture here but finding it tricky. Using an IPad. Not a computer guru just a lawyer. I want Amy to know I find this challenging.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 264
Nice reporting darlu! Pretty shots from P'tit Morne too. We are spending 3 nights there for the first time next April prior to checking into our villa. All the reviews I've read on this forum lead us to give it a try and anxious to check it out. Looking forward to more of your reporting!

I love that view. Thank you SO much for posting it. You could probably quit your day job if you keep up this progress, Darin. :up:

Darin---Thank you for posting. Nice descriptions of your St. Barth days and meals---that raspberry sorbet dessert made my mouth water! We remember meeting you and Lucie at the Alexandria gathering. Glad you are having a great trip!

Hi Julianne we too fondly remember meeting you at that wonderful Alexandria get together. Lucie remains obsessed over that raspberry sorbet dessert. She says the raspberry coup is made it all work together. Would love to see you both at another gathering!!! Thanks for your note!