Boston Recommendations

marybeth

Senior Insider
I know there are many forum friends from the Boston area so I'm hoping for a lot of great recommendations. I'll be in Cambridge for a week in July. I'm looking for lunch recs near Harvard and dinner recs for Cambridge or Boston. Since I'll be solo (unless I make new friends or anyone wants to meet up) places where you can dine at the bar would be great.

Randy is joining me on Thursday, and then Saturday we're moving to Boston for 2 nights. We have tix to Dead & Co at Fenway and are looking for other ways to spend our short time.

As a visitor many times I suggest you have to go to the North end for Italian food- Mamma Maria's is the best- don't let the name throw you. Make reservations. If the Duck Boats are running take one in front of the Prudential Center for a nice water view of Boston. Legal Seafood on the Wharf for sure. Oyster Houses abound. Kara and Kevin will clue you on the rest of your stay. Have a good time.

It's Mamma Maria's not Mama Mia and we will actually be there tonight with Amy and Phil, Kara and Bob, Kevin and Kate, and Rosemary .....Artu s is also very good as is Giacomo s ....Cafe Vittoria for pastry and espresso.....Neptune Oyster for anything on their menu......Union House for Oysters is fun simply because it's the oldest raw bar in America ...Select is also good for Oysters ......Row 34 was very good for lunch and I really liked the vibe there......Kevin likes Jaspers Summer Shack for seafood which I do as well ...

And of course you can never ever go wrong at Legals Seafoood

Pizza I love Regina, Picco, and Umberto Galleria ....Kara loves Picco as well ...

and I LOVE Mr Bartleys Gourmet Burgers in Cambridge

As a visitor many times I suggest you have to go to the North end for Italian food- Mama Maria's is the best- don't let the name throw you.

My wife and some coworkers are in Boston now for some training class and on Kevin's recommendation, they went there on Tuesday night and were blown away. They were all raving!!!

My wife and some coworkers are in Boston now for some training class and on Kevin's recommendation, they went there on Tuesday night and were blown away. They were all raving!!!

My wife and I stumbled upon it one night after looking at some very crowded restaurants and then walking down an alley and there it was. A total surprise inside- white table cloths and formal settings and great food.

Dinner on the South Side last night with my brother at a French Bistro. Charming and excellent bistro fare..the Metropolis Cafe on Tremont St

Thanks all and keep 'em coming! Suggestions of where to eat (casual w/good beer) before the show at Fenway especially appreciated.

The two traditional spots next to Fenway are Boston Beer Works, on Brookline Ave, right across from the end of Yawkey Way, and the Cask 'n Flagon, one block up Brookline Ave, on the corner of Lansdowne St. Yawkey Way is usually a street mall, with a ticket gate at the entrance, and typical ballpark food.

https://www.beerworks.net/
http://www.casknflagon.com/

yep and they have a tremendous beer list .....

Sounds right up our alley and perfect before a Dead show. Probably better its a short walk to Fenway...otherwise it would be mobbed with Deadheads. :devillaugh:

Thanks Andy for the Legal Seafood recommendation, that one is pretty close to our hotel. I've eaten at the one at KoP years ago and wouldn't have picked it because I thought it was a chain.

Also do we need reservations at Legal or Mama Maria?