Spring Break 2017 - family of 5 looking for 3 bedroom villa with great sunsets

christine

Well, we are back! Just returned from a great 50th birthday celebration in St. Barts with 6 of our closest friends. We stayed at the beautiful Bella Bague Villa through Eden Rock. It was a splurge. We introduced our friends to St. Barts and every single couple is returning in the Spring with their kids. We would like to join them, but our Spring Break unfortunately falls just before summer rates start. So, any recommendations for a 3 bedroom villa with great sunsets that won't break the bank? We are willing to go up to $11,000 or $12,000 (U.S.) for the week. Our kids are teenagers so we thought St. Jean, Lorient or Pt. Milou. Thoughts on location? Thoughts on villas? I cant' believe how many new villas are out there since we visited 10 years ago. I should mention that the annual sail event is being held the week of our Spring Break (April 8-15). I LOVE this forum and you all helped tremendously with the birthday trip so, I turn to the experts again. Thank you!

Welcome Christine. I don't think you will get great sunsets on St. Jean unless you like the sun setting over a hill. I can't help you with a villa but between the Villa Owners site and the agencies you should be fine.

Thanks Andy! Has anyone heard of Villa Ariosa or Villa Aurea? They seem to be knew to the rental market and only a couple of agencies even mention them.

Looking at Villa Ariosa on the Marla site, it's is a beautiful villa and you should get your sunset. I don't see any reviews here.

Aurea look like it faces north, so no sunsets from that villa. Don't know if that is a deal breaker for you.

we have stayed in Villa Nita in Lorient, although the sun will set behind the hills, the sky is still pretty awesome....also if your kids surf at all ( my son does, he loved the location, as he could walk to the beach), Lorient is the beach for that. The owner, Natalie is great to work with also.

I agree with Linda on those Lorient sunsets!

IMG_0713.jpg

If you go to the St Barths Properties site, you can see the villas they offer with sunset views. The villas will be available through multiple agencies. Some of the villas in Columbier offer beautiful sunsets if overlooking Gustavia. Lurin too.

I would call Premium IV .....Jim and Vincent will really help make your vacation great..from transfers in SXM to SBH to villa selection.

as a"newbe" I would seek their services you should e-mail Vincent at Vincent@premiumiv.com
I'm sure others on the blog would agree

Hi Christine! Our family just stayed at Villa Nirvana in Lurin (the 3 bedroom villa; there's also a 5 or 6 BR Villa Nirvana in Lurin). It offers gorgeous sunsets, a view out over Gustavia Harbor, and is very comfortable and well appointed. Even better, it won't break the bank. The pool deck is expansive and provides lots of outdoor living space. Go to stbarth.com and search villa Nirvana. We liked it so much my husband and I are already locked in for next year....sans our family this time. If you have any questions on the property just PM me. And, I second the vote for Premium IV...Vincent and team really make your trip so much smoother!

Gayle

Oh my gosh, you guys rock! Thank you, thank you, thank you -- I am getting on line now and will be coming back with more questions I am sure.

Don't rule out Colombier...check out Villa La Baleine, Kercliff, Haute Maison.........Baleine is one of Rosita's villas and the location is super awesome, as are the "neighbors".......and you can reserve right from the owners at the right of the main page....

Take a look at Villa Grand Galet. It overlooks Shell beach and faces west for spectacular sunsets. 3 bedrooms nice plunge pool, great views of Gustavia. We have stayed there past 11 years. Nice neat & very clean.

Here's the view from a 3-bedroom villa we've enjoyed. Villa Coco, or REP with most of the agencies.

Sunset at Villa Coco.jpg