Gustavia

Cwater

Senior Insider
My wife and I will arrive in 10'days. What is the restaurant in Gustavia that used to be Buchaneer?

Cwater, welcome to the Forum and enjoy your trip! Are you asking about the bar that used to appear as photo'd?

fpp2 - 1.jpg

You'll find a list of many of the recent restaurant changes at the end of the first post in this thread:
https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/87476

The biggest change since the restaurant list was last updated is in the Grocery section. Mini Mart now has Sunday hours, and a branch of Marché U has opened in the former Oasis space, with Sunday and Holiday hours posted.

One of our favorite retaureants of all time was Le Sapoltier.

As noted above, the current restaurant at that location is Orega, a Japanese-French fusion restaurant. Both restaurants are/were excellent in their own right, and, with their different cuisines, shouldn't be compared head to head. I expect that I will return to Orega as often as I visited Sapotillier.

The (formerly) eponymous Sapotillier tree in the middle of the restaurant has succumbed to time, but the center of the restaurant is still open to the sky. Now, there is a roof which can be left open, or closed if the weather requires it.

As noted above, the current restaurant at that location is Orega, a Japanese-French fusion restaurant. Both restaurants are/were excellent in their own right, and, with their different cuisines, shouldn't be compared head to head. I expect that I will return to Orega as often as I visited Sapotillier.

The (formerly) eponymous Sapotillier tree in the middle of the restaurant has succumbed to time, but the center of the restaurant is still open to the sky. Now, there is a roof which can be left open, or closed if the weather requires it.

Kevin, I might need to extend our stay based on the awesome resto reviews that I have been reading ;)

Karen, it's a constant situation of too many restaurants and too little time. Staying longer helps, and returning more often helps, but there is no permanent solution short of taking up residence.

Karen, it's a constant situation of too many restaurants and too little time. Staying longer helps, and returning more often helps, but there is no permanent solution short of taking up residence.
Amen to that!!!