Summer Havoc and TSA Pre

I was surprised to learn that 7,000,000 people have TSA-Pre. Last week we flew Southwest from BWI and there were hundreds of people in the security line, no one in the TSA-Pre line. I have been told by people who fly Southwest from other cities that this is not unusual with the "Southwest crowd".

We can attest to the havoc wreaked by too few TSA agents at the airport. On our return to JFK last Saturday afternoon, we arrived only to find all 16 customs kiosks were not working (way too few kiosks for that airport to begin with), and only 3 TSA agents/lines were available. Did I mention 3 jumbo jets were all disembarking passengers at the same time!? Holy cow! It was a painful experience, needless to say. We are now applying for TSA pre-check - it's absolutely worth it.

We can attest to the havoc wreaked by too few TSA agents at the airport. On our return to JFK last Saturday afternoon, we arrived only to find all 16 customs kiosks were not working (way too few kiosks for that airport to begin with), and only 3 TSA agents/lines were available. Did I mention 3 jumbo jets were all disembarking passengers at the same time!? Holy cow! It was a painful experience, needless to say. We are now applying for TSA pre-check - it's absolutely worth it.

Last Friday & Saturday, all CBP kiosks were out of service, nationwide!

Global entry saves us every time in Charlotte when we have tight connections..easy to apply on line, interview is straight forward. Approval was quick. Well worth the time and fees.

Even though they kicked me out of Global Entry a few years ago, my trusted traveler # was still good for TSA Pre-check..so May 19 I go back again to re-apply for Global Entry with printed copies of my whole misspent "brushes" with the law and throw myself at the mercy of the fine CBP agents in Tampa......

Even though they kicked me out of Global Entry a few years ago, my trusted traveler # was still good for TSA Pre-check..so May 19 I go back again to re-apply for Global Entry with printed copies of my whole misspent "brushes" with the law and throw myself at the mercy of the fine CBP agents in Tampa......

Need any character references? Plenty of characters here to help you out :D Good luck on the mea culpa hearing!

Global entry is easy....fill out forms on line, get approved and go to your airport and have a quick interview and answer a few questions and it is done...then you are good to go through customs and pre check

Global Entry interviews are only done at certain airports? We live in Indianapolis and they are not offered. We were thinking about setting up interviews at a layover airport on a future trip but are worried about on time/cancelled flights etc. How long does the interview take and do they run on time?

Interviews are in most major airports...my scheduled interview was in Philadelphia on a weekday in the afternoon and I was only one there and it took 5 minutes....they asked me if I had ever been arrested and took my fingerprints and that was it...
Aimee

Global Entry interviews are only done at certain airports? We live in Indianapolis and they are not offered. We were thinking about setting up interviews at a layover airport on a future trip but are worried about on time/cancelled flights etc. How long does the interview take and do they run on time?

Cincinnati.

It would be next to impossible to schedule the interview during a layover as they set the date/times. Less than a 2 hour drive to Cincinnati. Make both interviews back-to-back, have lunch drive home!