Budget Car Rental--Disreputable Business Practices

It's hard to get around the 10 days rental we'll be there for 6 days only but are paying for 10 days. We've been going for Nye the past few years and it's getting difficult to get a villa and car rental for less than 10-14 days and we book a year in advance . One year budget said they lost our reservation and there were no cars available from anyone the only thing available was a quad . Yup . The manager was really nice and gave us his car.

It's hard to get around the 10 days rental we'll be there for 6 days only but are paying for 10 days. We've been going for Nye the past few years and it's getting difficult to get a villa and car rental for less than 10-14 days and we book a year in advance . One year budget said they lost our reservation and there were no cars available from anyone the only thing available was a quad . Yup . The manager was really nice and gave us his car.
It would appear that some villa landlords/rental agencies loosen up their minimum stay requirements around this time. Let me know if you would like a recommendation. I know of at least one place that may available for 7 days (or less) as its rental agency contacted me last week after putting me off last Spring.

Thanks but we have a great place that we have been renting at an excellent price, we already have it booked for next year. As for the rental car we are good we get a discount because of the villa rental person . Hope to see you on the island we will be there Dec 30- Jan 5 and in St Maarten before and after our St Barth trip. We are going down Dec 26th. :up:

Thanks but we have a great place that we have been renting at an excellent price, we already have it booked for next year. As for the rental car we are good we get a discount because of the villa rental person . Hope to see you on the island we will be there Dec 30- Jan 5 and in St Maarten before and after our St Barth trip. We are going down Dec 26th. :up:

I don't suppose you have any secrets or ideas you could share on how to get from St Jean to Gustavia and back on NYE? I am guessing that taxis will be difficult to find and parking non-existent?

I don't suppose you have any secrets or ideas you could share on how to get from St Jean to Gustavia and back on NYE? I am guessing that taxis will be difficult to find and parking non-existent?

When we stayed over Christmas/NYE a couple years ago, we stayed at the VSJ in St Jean.

On NYE we had reservations at the Wall House (now Le Guerite). Cocktails at 19:00 I believe.

We went into Gustavia around 18:00 for a pre-cocktail cocktail and found a parking spot very easily.

We had a wonderful dinner and watched the fireworks from the Wall House side of the harbor then walked around the quay and joined the celebration on the docks. Live music, beer & wine available for sale, etc. We headed back to St Jean around 2:00 easy breezy.

Don’t sweat it…you’ll have a blast!

We had a wonderful dinner and watched the fireworks from the Wall House side of the harbor then walked around the quay and joined the celebration on the docks. Live music, beer & wine available for sale, etc. We headed back to St Jean around 2:00 easy breezy.

About what time do the festivities around the Quay begin?

About what time do the festivities around the Quay begin?

Not sure.There will be a schedule printed in the paper.

All week between Xmas and NYE there was something going on.

We're ok we saw Jb the year before at baz , we got wrist bands last year for prince at do Brazil who knows where we will be this year it's all good. We drive in and park get dinner and celebrate the Nye till 5 am we are island ppl

On NYE we had reservations at the Wall House (now Le Guerite). Cocktails at 19:00 I believe.
We went into Gustavia around 18:00 for a pre-cocktail cocktail and found a parking spot very easily.

i assume you had a pre-pre cocktail cocktail before you left the villa ? :cool: