Restos Closing for the summer?

TPunch42

Senior Insider
The annual question must be asked. Who is closing when this summer? What will remain open?

Some of the places I hope will be open that I missed last June. We overlap by a few days into July this summer. Maybe that will help?

Tamerin

Baz Bar

Grain de Sel

Yes I was feeling quite traumatized at the time. Of course we had a great trip... but I did miss those favorites plus it was my first trip without the Brit to greet us on our first nights dinner... sigh... If it goes like last year... we will be eating several meals a night on July 1 and 2. lol

After working so hard to get there you deserve a break! have you ever explored flights to San Juan and then Tradewind? Our daughter joined us from SFO that way one year and it worked out better and cheaper. Two flights instead of three. Some of our western friends even go in the night before and take the early flight out. Actually, some of our eastern friends does the same "D

Yes we explored that option. But decided the added cost for all 4 of us wasn't justified. Rather enjoy another nice restaurant in St Barths. Plus truly we don't find St Maarten to be our issue. It's the connections 1/2 way home that are proving difficult. There is just not enough time to make the connection with the added time in customs through MIA or Charlotte. So its the trip home that is the problem. Even if we chose to take an 8 am flight from SXM then we spend 4-6 hours just hanging in MIA and don't get home any sooner. oh well... we've figured it out for this year. another puzzle to solve another time... just thankful we so lucky to have spent so many vacations in such a special place!

We've encountered the same connection problem in Charlotte and got Global Entry as a result. We always seem to land at the same time as planes coming from Jamacia, Cancun, etc. and deplane after those. And usually half or less of the customs lines are open to process people; we've spent as long as 2 hours in that line. Global Entry truly expedites this process and eliminates the stress of wondering how long the customs line is going to be.