Prince Dead at 57

andynap

Senior Insider
If so really a shame. A very talented composer and performer.

TMZ: Prince Dead at 57

48708588.cached.jpg

TMZ reports that rock and R&B legend Prince is dead at 57. A death was being investigated at Prince's "Paisley Park" home and recording studio in Chanhassen, Minn., multiple outlets reported Thursday afternoon. According to Carver County Chief Deputy Jason Kamerud, police responded to a medical call at 9:43 a.m. local time and discovered a fatality. Prince himself made an appearance at Paisley Park recently after being hospitalized with flu symptoms

Re: Prince Dead ???

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life.

RIP, Prince.

Re: Prince Dead ???

saw him in the 80s...great show....I think his best song is the one he wrote for Sinead OConnor which she took to platinum

The madness doesn't start until about 3:25

Amazing. Love the guitar toss at the end. Underrated as a guitarist, IMO.

A musician quoted in one of the death related interviews said, "Prince would take your instrument from you and play it better than you could".

In another age he would have been Mozart or Beethoven...if they had his chops.

May have to show Purple Rain this summer at the beach...

RIP.

Amazing. Love the guitar toss at the end. Underrated as a guitarist, IMO.

A musician quoted in one of the death related interviews said, "Prince would take your instrument from you and play it better than you could".

RIP.

Two related thoughts:

1). I saw him live in the early 90s and an some point in the he he traded instruments with every other musician on stage and blew them all away! The best bass playing we heard all night was from Prince. Same with the keyboards. Same with the drums. He may have even played sax but my memory is a little fuzzy on that one.

2). I saw this on Twitter and it reminded me of the quote above. "Prince will steal your girl, then steal your girl's clothes, then steal someone else's girl in your girl's clothes"